Author Topic: Feds tapped Cohen's phone, intercepted White House call: report  (Read 1229 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feds tapped Cohen's phone, intercepted White House call: report
By Brooke Seipel - 05/03/18 01:14 PM EDT

President Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen had his phones wiretapped by federal investigators, according to a new report by NBC News.

The report, citing one source with direct knowledge, said at least one call between the White House and a phone line associated with Cohen was intercepted.

According to NBC News, it is unclear how long the phone had been wiretapped or when it was authorized, but sources tell the outlet that it was in place leading up to an FBI raid on Cohen's home and office last month.

The report comes as Cohen is under investigation for paying adult film-star Stormy Daniels $130,000 ahead of the 2016 presidential election to stay silent about her alleged affair with Trump.

This breaking news story will be updated shortly

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/386082-federal-investigators-wiretapped-cohens-phones-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Feds tapped Cohen's phone, intercepted White House call: report
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 05:32:05 pm »
I guess this explains why Rudy is all over granting interviews..next one 3pm Cavuto on Fox
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 05:43:23 pm »
So far Rudy's not doing well with the turd shining job...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 05:46:22 pm »
I would figure that the wire tap produced the results that Trump did talk to Cohen about Daniels.
This would explain why Rudy is out publicly saying that Trump know about it and paid Cohen back.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 06:05:26 pm »
I guess this explains why Rudy is all over granting interviews..next one 3pm Cavuto on Fox

Yep.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 06:06:35 pm »
Where are we, when the defeated outgoing party, sets in motion a perpetual investigation of the incoming Party-President, complete with powers to wiretap the President's personal attorney?

This entire episode seems a lot like a permanent ruling class, filled by attorneys, mastery of every law, ability to tie the system up almost indefintely, and discourage non-members from daring to serve.

Only a handfull of Republicans bother to stand-up firmly. The Clinton, Bush, Obama, Romney families belong to the club, but few others do.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 06:09:40 pm »
Where are we, when the defeated outgoing party, sets in motion a perpetual investigation of the incoming Party-President, complete with powers to wiretap the President's personal attorney?

This entire episode seems a lot like a permanent ruling class, filled by attorneys, mastery of every law, ability to tie the system up almost indefintely, and discourage non-members from daring to serve.

Only a handfull of Republicans bother to stand-up firmly. The Clinton, Bush, Obama, Romney families belong to the club, but few others do.

Basically what Rush has said today..this is all a warning to any outsider who runs for the presidency
Support the USO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 06:09:49 pm »
Had they done this to one of 0bama's or Clinton's lawyers we would still be hearing the screams!

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 06:10:30 pm »

Anyone with a brain knew Trump's closet was overflowing with sewage. That sooner or later the door would break open if he was elected... You got what you voted for.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 06:14:08 pm »
Basically what Rush has said today..this is all a warning to any outsider who runs for the presidency

@mystery-ak
There was a guy on Tuckers show, can't remember who, but he said this wasn't about Republican or Democrat.   This was about globalist vs nationalist.

The behavior of Mitch, Romney, Ryan and McCain et al make sense in that context.    Trump is working on making America stronger and they don't want that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 06:14:13 pm »

Perhaps it is a warning to those who have closets full of sewage and let their ego override reality in the quest for power. And when you vote for that man, the closet comes with it... To feign shock that the sewage is now spilling out is a little late...

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 06:15:03 pm »
Anyone with a brain knew Trump's closet was overflowing with sewage. That sooner or later the door would break open if he was elected... You got what you voted for.

@DB
What election did you vote in?  Cause the one I voted in only had two candidates with a chance of winning.

Offline edpc

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 06:15:27 pm »
Had they done this to one of 0bama's or Clinton's lawyers we would still be hearing the screams!

The only way to wiretap a Clinton lawyer is through seance.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 06:18:02 pm »

No doubt, I think this is correct.
I think this is a pattern, but it think even the connected go after one another.
From Watergate forward.
When one side is elected, the other side will file motions, seek special counsels, hold congressional hearings, etc., etc.,....

Here is a list of the most recent, and some of you could add to what was investigated to a few of these names:

Clinton had to fight it (Whitewater, got caught on something different). Bush had to (hanging chads, to name one), Obama (fast and furious, to name one, but nothing has come of it).
Trump (Russia, but they are trying to catch him on something else, like Clinton).

Only Ford and Obama have seem to dodge this fiasco (so far, Obama may not be through yet, but I wouldn't count on anything).

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 06:20:03 pm »
@mystery-ak
There was a guy on Tuckers show, can't remember who, but he said this wasn't about Republican or Democrat.   This was about globalist vs nationalist.

The behavior of Mitch, Romney, Ryan and McCain et al make sense in that context.    Trump is working on making America stronger and they don't want that.

@driftdiver
Michael Caputo
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,314675.new.html#new
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 06:21:27 pm »

The only way to wiretap a Clinton lawyer is through seance.

Is that his thumb on the trigger?
Support the USO

Offline driftdiver

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 06:24:10 pm »
Is that his thumb on the trigger?

Yes, which is why it's always been so suspicious.  People who shoot themselves in the head generally flinch and toss the weapon.  It's usually found near them, not in their hand.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 06:24:21 pm »
@mystery-ak
No this guy was on about 3 weeks ago.

Hmm.. don't know then..
Support the USO

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 06:25:50 pm »
Hmm.. don't know then..

I looked through his show schedule but can't find it.  have to go to a meeting, with a lawyer.  wish me luck.  hopefully the feds dont have him wire tapped.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 06:33:03 pm »
<sarcasm>

Of course if Sen. Cruz* had been elected, the democrats (and some establishment Republicans) would have been just fine, and would have declared the election to be over, fair and square.

They wouldn't have pressed the same perpetual permanent witch hunt effort, to find dirt, and effectively overturn the election, by whatever means it can.

</sarcasm>

* insert your other choice of a Republican establishment choice

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 06:34:27 pm »
<sarcasm>

Of course if Sen. Cruz* had been elected, the democrats (and some establishment Republicans) would have been just fine, and would have declared the election to be over, fair and square.

They wouldn't have pressed the same perpetual permanent witch hunt effort, to find dirt, and effectively overturn the election, by whatever means it can.

</sarcasm>

Oh yeah, they've gone after him, too.
Please see post #14, my response to your earlier post.

Online DB

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »
<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

Well yes, they would have gone after him - duh...

Don't arm your enemies. Trump is a treasure trove to our enemies. More duh...