Author Topic: Syrian women tortured and humiliated in Assad regime prisons  (Read 333 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Syrian women tortured and humiliated in Assad regime prisons
Julia Hahn, Deutsche Welle

Published 8:47 a.m. ET May 1, 2018 | Updated 8:48 a.m. ET May 1, 2018

Muna Muhammad remembers every tiny detail. The stench in the cells, the pain, her torturers. "He pulled a black plastic bag over my head and then he hung me from the ceiling, head down," the 30-year-old says. The memory still haunts her. The guard said he was going to leave her hanging from the ceiling until all her "evil thoughts land in this bag," she remembers.

Muna was a music teacher before she was arrested in 2012 for participating in protests against President Bashar Assad in Deir ez-Zor. She was released, but re-arrested again and taken to Damascus' infamous Syrian Military Intelligence Branch 215 — inmates call it "branch of hell" because torture is a daily occurrence.

One day, her torturer showed up with a stun gun. "He said, 'Muna, where is your heart?" she recalls. "I pointed at my heart, and that's where he zapped me."

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/05/01/syrian-women-tortured-and-humiliated-assad-regime-prisons/567909002/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Syrian women tortured and humiliated in Assad regime prisons
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:11:08 pm »
I should remember to thank God every day that I was not born into islam.