Author Topic: Five Ways Teacher Strikes Revealed Public Schools Indoctrinate Kids  (Read 366 times)

Offline mountaineer

5 Ways Teacher Strikes Revealed Public Schools Indoctrinate Kids
Here’s what I learned about how schools manipulate kids for politics when I asked several parents to share experiences learned during the Oklahoma teacher walkout.
By Jenni White   
May 2, 2018

For years, parents have posted skewed homework examples to social media, reporters have been dispatched to schools to cover parent outcry at egregious assignments, and even documentaries (“IndoctriNation“) have been dedicated to public school indoctrination.

Although I’ve researched and written about public education for nearly a decade, I’ve often wondered how schools appear to get away with pervasive propagandizing—that is, until the recent Oklahoma teacher’s strike. After blocking users, many of them teachers, for profanity and name-calling, our Facebook page at Reclaim Oklahoma Parent Empowerment exploded with thoughts and feelings shared by frustrated, disillusioned parents.  ...

Andrea Robinson’s daughter Brooke is a junior at a large, suburban high school. In my last article for The Federalist, I described how she received a Communist-appearing poster about a student rally in support of the teacher walkout from her teacher. She told her mom teachers were offering extra credit to students who attended. ... Full story at the Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Related:
The Teacher Strikes Aren’t About Pay, They’re About Mobilizing Democrats
Democrats and their allies among the teacher activists are following the playbook outlined by Saul Alinsky in 'Rules for Radicals.'
By Kevin Boyd   
May 1, 2018

Teachers all over the country are going on strike. They say they want higher salaries and education funding and the tax increases necessary to pay for them. But there’s a bigger motivation underlying the strikes — mobilizing Democrats.

The strikes began in West Virginia on Feb. 22 when teachers walked off the job. They demanded higher salaries and relief from increasing health insurance costs. The teachers stayed off the job until March 7. The legislature approved a 5 percent pay increase for all state employees. West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice appointed a task force to lower healthcare costs.

The strikes spread to Kentucky. The issue in Kentucky was not teacher pay, but pension reform. ...

What do all of these strikes and protests have in common? They are taking place in states where Democrats are either trying to make gains or consolidate their power in this fall’s elections.

Democrats are trying to keep Sen. Joe Manchin in power in West Virginia. In Kentucky, Democrats are trying to retake the legislature and would love to oust Matt Bevin in 2019. In Oklahoma, Democrats are looking to build on their legislative gains in special elections and maybe even grab a Congressional seat. Arizona Democrats are looking to win the open Senate seat, grab the state Senate, and pull off an upset in the governor’s race. Finally, Democrats are fighting to retain the governor’s mansion, gain the state Senate, and grab a couple of Congressional seats in Colorado.

These protests are in line with other tools the left has employed to try and maintain momentum against President Trump and Republicans. Like the “Women’s March” and the “March For Our Lives,” these protests and strikes by teachers are giving Democrats and the left an opportunity to mobilize voters and activists.  ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org