Author Topic: Mueller interested in 2016 convention episode dismissed by House GOP  (Read 637 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller interested in 2016 convention episode dismissed by House GOP

House GOP investigators recently found that a 2016 change to language about Ukraine did not involve "nefarious" motives, but the special counsel still wants to ask Trump about it.

By KYLE CHENEY

05/01/2018 06:47 PM EDT

Robert Mueller wants to question President Donald Trump about a change to the 2016 Republican Party platform’s language about Ukraine and Russia, rekindling a subject that House Republicans dismissed as a nonstarter.

Trump has denied any role in a decision by party activists at the 2016 Republican National Convention to strike language calling for the supply of U.S. arms to help Ukraine defend against Russian territorial aggression. Instead, the convention delegates approved only a vague call for the provision of “appropriate assistance” to Ukraine’s pro-Western forces.

“I wasn't involved in that. Honestly, I was not involved,” Trump told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos in an interview in July 2016. Asked about his campaign’s role, he said, “They softened it, I heard, but I was not involved.”

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/01/mueller-republican-convention-ukraine-563701
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Need any more evidence that Bobby is a clown? Now he is criminalizing party platforms.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I would use the word "outrageous" to define what Mueller is doing, but the word seems to mild.  I need a new one. 

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I have been to those conventions and it is the Rules Committee or the Platform committee that did that.  The National Chairman, selects the Rules and Platform committees.

When Romney was the candidate, one of his lawyers was in the Rules Committee room and caused a rule to be passed that allowed Romney to approve or throw out, any delegate.  My friend was a member of that committee and tried to get them not to approve that rule the Romney lawyer wanted; she did not prevail.  As these things happened, she was sending me emails.  Some of the Rules committee were stuck on a bus (don't remember why the bus could not get there) and not there; that is when they took the vote to approve that rule, when a number could not get there for the vote. 

When the rule was before the entire convention, Reince Priebus himself took the vote, and the nays were much louder than the yeas, and he said the rule passed.  There were screams of disapproval when he did that. Priebus went on my disgust list, along with Romney for doing that, and there they remain.

Trump would not have to be in the Rules committee room or the Platform committee room if that is where it happened, to get that rule/platform change passed.  He would just need one or more of the committee to put that it up for a vote.  I wondered why this rule/platform was passed, why do anything to help the Russians?  Somewhere there is a list of those on the committee at that time.  Someone knows how that happened.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:12:39 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Frank Cannon

I wondered why this rule was passed, why do anything to help the Russians? 

Where does this help Russia? All this language change did was getting rid of specifically arming of the Ukraine and making it more fluid to the situation on the ground. If this was going to be a help to Russia the whole thing would have been scrapped.