Author Topic: North Korean State Media Fume About Human Rights Criticism From U.S  (Read 592 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
North Korean state media on Tuesday slammed the Trump administration for spotlighting the regime’s human rights record and for demonstrating an “anachronistic” approach towards Pyongyang.

The strong-worded criticism marks a return to form after an easing off in recent months of vitriolic rhetoric attacking the U.S., ahead of a planned summit between Kim Jong-un and President Trump....

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/north-korean-state-media-fume-about-human-rights-criticism-us

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

It was actually a South Korean Human Rights group that made the original statement.

For some reason they've taken issue with the slave labor camps, using families for weapons testing, raping of women to death and so on and so forth.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It was actually a South Korean Human Rights group that made the original statement.

For some reason they've taken issue with the slave labor camps, using families for weapons testing, raping of women to death and so on and so forth.

It makes one wonder with all this playing footsie, who will hold North Korea account for their atrocities?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It makes one wonder with all this playing footsie, who will hold North Korea account for their atrocities?

@AbaraXas
A very good question.   My bet is nobody will.   It will be blamed on the prior leader and all will be forgiven.  At most some flunkie somewhere will get the blame but I doubt even that happens.

From what I've seen on the news South Korea is simply happy to have the war ending.   Whats next is a good question but I'd advise anyone going into the north to take a good supply of worm medicine and to definitely not take down any posters in the hotels.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.