Author Topic: Beijing has been secretly preparing for the collapse of North Korea  (Read 843 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Interesting article from 2014

....China has drawn up detailed contingency plans for the collapse of the North Korean government, suggesting that Beijing has little faith in the longevity of Kim Jong-un’s regime.
Documents drawn up by planners from China’s People’s Liberation Army that were leaked to Japanese media include proposals for detaining key North Korean leaders and the creation of refugee camps on the Chinese side of the frontier in the event of an outbreak of civil unrest in the secretive state.
The report calls for stepping up monitoring of China’s 879-mile border with North Korea.
Any senior North Korean military or political leaders who could be the target of either rival factions or another “military power,” thought to be a reference to the United States, should be given protection, the documents state. …
The report suggests “foreign forces” could be involved in an incident that leads to the collapse of internal controls in North Korea, resulting to millions of refugees attempting to flee......

https://hotair.com/archives/2014/05/05/beijing-has-been-secretly-preparing-for-the-collapse-of-north-korea/

Online Lando Lincoln

Thanks for posting.  A most perilous time is when a regime collapses.  It may be wise to stay away from the kimchi.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Thanks for posting.  A most perilous time is when a regime collapses.  It may be wise to stay away from the kimchi.

I make my own (seriously I do)...

It does make one wonder though about China's plans for North Korea and Lil'Kim. I've said before and won't harp too much on it, that I don't trust North Korea with any of this fake peace....

But what are China's plans? Do they step in and replace those in power?  Do they prop them up, do they let them collapse? If they step in and take over (in the name of peace), is that better or worse for South Korea?

China doesn't look at these type of things with one or 5 year plans but 20 or 50 year plans, and they don't care who gets credit or blame either. It is a very different mode of thinking.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
North Koreans have grown up knowing that America is their greatest enemy. Failing to condemn America will get you sent to a labor camp. How will this meeting play with the people in the North? The military?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

North Koreans have grown up knowing that America is their greatest enemy. Failing to condemn America will get you sent to a labor camp. How will this meeting play with the people in the North? The military?

Who the Rochester is going to tell them? Nork MSM?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Things don't usually "leak" from China.  So, perhaps this is just more pressure on Lil Kim.