Author Topic: 104-year-old scientist flying to Switzerland for assisted suicide  (Read 548 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
104-year-old scientist flying to Switzerland for assisted suicide
BY Christopher Brennan

A 104-year-old scientist says that he is ready to die, and is going to Switzerland to legally end his life.

Prof. David Goodall, who lives in West Australia, celebrated his birthday last month, but told ABC that he “greatly (regrets) having reached that age.”

Goodall, who still does academic work after more than 70 years as an ecologist, told the outlet that he plans on flying to France to see family before going to Basel, Switzerland, to end his life.

Read more at: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/104-year-old-chooses-assisted-suicide-regrets-age-article-1.3965050

I think dummy and what can one say? He reached 104-years-old! I hope he doesn't do this all the same.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: 104-year-old scientist flying to Switzerland for assisted suicide
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 02:20:53 pm »
I'm trying to comprehend the irony of an ecologist burning fossil fuels on a flight to Switzerland so he can be injected with synthetic meds through plastic tubing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: 104-year-old scientist flying to Switzerland for assisted suicide
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 06:04:35 pm »
Damn if he just wants to die, there are all sorts of ways in Australia beyond the usual OD or other methods. He just doesn't want it to hurt. I think I understand, my mom is going on 87 and severe pain every day. The difference is that though she says she's ready and some days even wishes for it, she would never actively seek death.