Author Topic: 'A dog and pony show': Netanyahu mocked for Iran nuclear deal claims  (Read 650 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'A dog and pony show': Netanyahu mocked for Iran nuclear deal claims

Israel's PM claimed groundbreaking information on Iran's nuclear activities. Analysts say it was already known, and already dealt with

Kaamil Ahmed

Benjamin Netanyahu made a televised speech to show off Israel's latest intelligence haul (Reuters)
Tuesday 1 May 2018 10:03 UTC
Last update:   Tuesday 1 May 2018 12:02 UTC

Benjamin Netanyahu's flamboyant presentation on Monday was billed as an expose of groundbreaking intelligence "the world has never seen before", which proved Iran had lied about its nuclear programme and would do so again.

According to diplomats and analysts, it had all been seen before and dealt with.

Netanyahu made his claims against a backdrop of shimmering CDs and rows of files representing a Mossad intelligence haul - but what they contained had already been examined by the world's nuclear watchdog, and dated from before the 2015 deal signed by Iran to curtail its activities.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/netanyahu-show-offered-little-new-say-analysts-1084490026

You've got to know what is out there and what one might hear in opposition to this. In a general sense, though, it does seem good they hit that missile facility in Syria in destroying such weapons. I'm sorry if there were deaths involved.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:50:50 pm by TomSea »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
You've got to know what is out there and what one might hear in opposition to this. In a general sense, though, it does seem good they hit that missile facility in Syria in destroying such weapons. I'm sorry if there were deaths involved.

You shouldn't be sorry.  It's not like they were the Iranian version of the Peace Corps.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Much of what our govt makes classified is done to keep it from Americans, not our enemies.   By keeping it from American citizens they are better able to control the agenda according to their personal goals.  Thus increasing their power and riches.

So it may have been known but not by most Americans and we do have a right to know.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

"Its old news" - a page from the Clinton playbook.