Author Topic: Tom Brokaw On Sex Harassment Charges: I’m The Victim Of A Media “Drive-By Shooting”  (Read 1579 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Allahpundit
Apr. 27, 2018

I’m torn on what to believe, for no better reason than my silly intuition that Brokaw isn’t “that type.” But what type is “that type”? I wouldn’t have guessed Charlie Rose was sleazing on his co-workers either. And my only knowledge of Brokaw is based on his public persona, which means next to nothing. Famous, media-savvy people are good at presenting the image of themselves that they want the public to see, by definition. Sometimes that image is a front. Right, Dr. Huxtable?

One difference between Brokaw and most of the #MeToo murderers’ row, though, is the indignation with which he’s defending himself. This statement is a denial at the top of his lungs, which makes it noteworthy no matter if it’s true or false. If it’s true and Linda Vester’s accusations fall apart upon further scrutiny, it’s a poignant example of a falsely accused man doing what little he can to preserve a legacy it took his entire life to build as it turns to ash in a moment in front of him. He’s already backed out of a commencement speech he was supposed to give.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/27/tom-brokaw-sex-harassment-charges-im-victim-media-drive-shooting/

Offline endicom

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Not yet you ain't.

How would you feel about Us sicking a parasite like Mueller on you?

16 months of nothing and still digging.

We'll play it by Your rules:

We don't like you so we'll manufacture a process crime like Lying to the bloodsucker turning your entire life inside out to ruin you.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online DB

A little due process might be nice before destroying peoples lives.

Something the media has forgotten lately...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Payback is a bitch, huh, Tom? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline endicom

Payback is a bitch, huh, Tom?

He was paid, and well, to dish it out and not to take it.

Offline Applewood

A little due process might be nice before destroying peoples lives.

Something the media has forgotten lately...

I never liked Brokaw, but once again, we have an accused who has already been tried and convicted, but he hasn't even been formally charged with a crime.  And all on the say-so of a onetime reporter who may or may not have been a failure in her craft and could possibly just be seeking revenge, money and the proverbial 15 minutes of fame.

This is what's wrong with the Cosby conviction.  Now anyone can accuse another person of some impropriety, real or imagined, and get something in return, while the accused is ruined.  Don't even need corroborating evidence or witnesses.  Don't even need an arrest or trial. 

And this stuff makes it harder for those who really have been assaulted or even killed.  How do these victims find justice when after so many mostly unproven allegations, people like me find it hard to believe a crime was committed when it really was?

Oceander

I never liked Brokaw, but once again, we have an accused who has already been tried and convicted, but he hasn't even been formally charged with a crime.  And all on the say-so of a onetime reporter who may or may not have been a failure in her craft and could possibly just be seeking revenge, money and the proverbial 15 minutes of fame.

This is what's wrong with the Cosby conviction.  Now anyone can accuse another person of some impropriety, real or imagined, and get something in return, while the accused is ruined.  Don't even need corroborating evidence or witnesses.  Don't even need an arrest or trial. 

And this stuff makes it harder for those who really have been assaulted or even killed.  How do these victims find justice when after so many mostly unproven allegations, people like me find it hard to believe a crime was committed when it really was?

What’s wrong with the Cosby conviction?  He had his day in court and all the process that was due, and was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  His case is utterly inapposite to Brokaw’s as things stand right now. 

Offline mountaineer

Cosby had two trials at which witnesses testified under oath.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

There also is a thread on the Brokaw allegations at the Sports/Entertainment board.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC women back Brokaw: Rachel Maddow, Maria Shriver and Mika Brzezinski join SIXTY other female staffers by signing letter backing legendary anchor against sexual harassment claims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5667311/Rachel-Maddow-Maria-Shriver-60-female-NBC-News-staffers-sign-letter-backing-Brokaw.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If the #metoo movement takes out liberal media figures, that's a great thing IMO.

Offline jpsb

Even if it is true it was 25 years ago. Me thinks the lady should have let it go a long time ago.

Offline Applewood

@Oceander
@mountaineer

I wasn't clear apparently.  It's not that I believe Cosby is innocent.  Rather, the verdict will now open the floogates for those women who have an axe to grind or who want fame or money.  If the verdict encourages those who were really assaulted to come forward -- then fine.  But I think for every legitimate case of rape, there will now be hundreds of phony claims. 

By the way, did you all notice how manny of these alleged incidents occurred in hotel rooms or other places when no one was around?  In many of these claims, I read that the woman "went to his [the accused's] hotel room to talk about her career."  Wow!  How stupid can you be?  A gentleman would not want to meet with a woman not his wife alone.  I don't care how famous the guy is.  You don't really know him.  Why would you agree to go to his hotel room -- unless you wanted sex to happen? 

Oceander

@Oceander
@mountaineer

I wasn't clear apparently.  It's not that I believe Cosby is innocent.  Rather, the verdict will now open the floogates for those women who have an axe to grind or who want fame or money.  If the verdict encourages those who were really assaulted to come forward -- then fine.  But I think for every legitimate case of rape, there will now be hundreds of phony claims. 

By the way, did you all notice how manny of these alleged incidents occurred in hotel rooms or other places when no one was around?  In many of these claims, I read that the woman "went to his [the accused's] hotel room to talk about her career."  Wow!  How stupid can you be?  A gentleman would not want to meet with a woman not his wife alone.  I don't care how famous the guy is.  You don't really know him.  Why would you agree to go to his hotel room -- unless you wanted sex to happen? 

Sorry, but I categorically disagree with your characterization of the mindset of the women who went to his room.  It may have been stupid, but it doesn’t mean they “wanted it.”

Offline mountaineer

Indeed,  @Applewood . And yet some people mocked VP Pence for never allowing himself to be alone with a woman not his wife.

Offline Applewood

Sorry, but I categorically disagree with your characterization of the mindset of the women who went to his room.  It may have been stupid, but it doesn’t mean they “wanted it.”

Many of these woman are not teenagers.  Some are supposedly well educated.  I doubt they are that naive.

Oceander

Many of these woman are not teenagers.  Some are supposedly well educated.  I doubt they are that naive.

Perhaps they didn’t see that there was much choice, and were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

There is no basis for blaming the victim, rather than the criminal, and yet that is precisely what you are doing.  It is that mentality that criminals like Cosby have always counted on to get away with their crimes.