Author Topic: Expect a Tsunami of Remands after SCOTUS Decision. Deported Criminals Could Also Return  (Read 372 times)

rangerrebew

Expect a Tsunami of Remands after SCOTUS Decision
Deported Criminals Could Also Return

By Andrew R. Arthur on April 21, 2018

In an April 17, 2018 post, I detailed the findings of the Supreme Court in a decision issued on that date in Sessions v. Dimaya. In Dimaya, the Supreme Court had ruled that 18 U.S.C. § 16(b), as incorporated into the aggravated felony definition in section 101(a)(43)(F) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) was unconstitutionally vague, affirming a decision of the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

As I explained, unless or until Congress acts to plug the hole in the aggravated felony definition in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) created by the Supreme Court, many dangerous criminal aliens who would otherwise be removable from the United States will be allowed to remain in this country. This includes aliens who have been convicted of crimes of domestic violence, as I explained in an April 20, 2018 post. Needless to say, this will endanger the public safety generally, and their future victims in particular.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Expect-Tsunami-Remands-after-SCOTUS-Decision
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:35:31 pm by rangerrebew »