Author Topic: "This Is Mushrooming" - Nicaragua Teeters On The Brink Of Revolution As US Pulls Diplomats  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-24/mushrooming-nicaragua-teeters-brink-revolution-us-pulls-diplomats

For the first time since the late 1970s, Nicaragua is on the brink of a revolution as tens of thousands of protesters throng the streets of the capitol Managua and a host of other towns to demand the resignation of President Daniel Ortega, a former left-wing dictator-turned-democrat who led the Sandinistas to during the Nicaraguan Revolution.

Ortega, who gave up power after losing an election in 1990 but remained a popular opposition figure and was elected president in 2006, has been criticized for his autocratic rule, political repressions and - most recently - for proposing social security reforms that would involve Nicaraguans paying more into the system while reducing payouts by 5%, according to Al Jazeera.

Ortega has aligned his government with the governments of Cuba and Venezuela, though Nicaragua's economy achieved 5% GDP growth last year. Still, it remains the poorest country in Central America.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There's no way, 10 people should have been killed over this issue on pensions.

Sure, Kerry may have shaken Ortega's had as in post #1;  I'd not forget that the people keep electing this guy, meaning Ortega.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"Ortega has aligned his government with the governments of Cuba and Venezuela"

It's like aligning yourself with the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jets
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

If you set the bar low then its easier to meet expectations.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Harkin and Kerry. Two Donkey Cons.  Piddiful.  Just Piddiful
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

Who's the chick behind the three commies?

I believe that is Tom Harkin's wife, Ruth.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

I believe that is Tom Harkin's wife, Ruth.

I did a search.  If that is Ruth, time was not her friend.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:07:12 pm by Wingnut »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But look at the eyes, now and then. I'm pretty sure that was her, 33 years ago.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:16:42 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-24/mushrooming-nicaragua-teeters-brink-revolution-us-pulls-diplomats

This is going to break the hearts of all the wealthy Manhattan socialites that practically worshiped Ortega in the 70's. In fact,I seem to remember there was a lot of fierce competition to see who could get him to attend THEIR dinner party instead of someone else's. 

It's always tough to be a Cosmopolitan Commie. Even the hired help gets uppity.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There's no way, 10 people should have been killed over this issue on pensions.

Sure, Kerry may have shaken Ortega's had as in post #1;  I'd not forget that the people keep electing this guy, meaning Ortega.

No secret there. Like Stalin observed,"it doesn't matter who votes or who they vote for. What matters is who counts the votes."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If you set the bar low then its easier to meet expectations.

That is the basis for communism.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Anybody bet on her to win,place,or show at Aqueduct?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:21:33 pm by sneakypete »

Offline WingNot

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But look at the eyes, now and then. I'm pretty sure that was her, 33 years ago.

If so, Tom needs to repair the Taxpayer for her seat on their Commie junket to beautiful Managua.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Anybody get on her to win,place,or show at Aqueduct?

Well, she is married to a horse's ass...

Offline WingNot

Speaking of Kerry.  Was he Mr Heinz back then?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Speaking of Kerry.  Was he Mr Heinz back then?

No... he didn't marry Tuh-raaaaay-sa until 1995 - the wedding was on Nantucket, of course.....

Only then did he become a true serial heiress chaser, eager to avail himself of his second wife's first husband's Trust Fund.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Good point.

Offline Frank Cannon

How dare you malign the Jets, one of the finest football organizations in the world. 

Offline WingNot

How dare you malign the Jets, one of the finest football organizations in the world.

Shut up Weeb.  This ain't 1969.   :smokin:

Offline dfwgator

Who's the chick behind the three commies?

Ya think she "knew" Daniel?

Offline WingNot

Offline andy58-in-nh