Author Topic: Trump, Macron Call For New Nuclear Deal With Iran  (Read 736 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump, Macron Call For New Nuclear Deal With Iran
« on: April 24, 2018, 06:23:45 pm »
AFP April 24, 2018

Washington (AFP) - French President Emmanuel Macron and his American counterpart Donald Trump called jointly Tuesday for a new nuclear deal with Iran, after the US leader denounced the three-year-old accord as "insane."

"I can say that we have had very frank discussions on that, just the two of us," Macron told a joint press conference with Trump at his side.

"We, therefore, wish from now on to work on a new deal with Iran."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-macron-call-nuclear-deal-iran-174020256.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:24:34 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: Trump, Macron Call For New Nuclear Deal With Iran
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 07:11:32 pm »
Meanwhile, yesterday........

Russia, China to obstruct U.S. attempt to sabotage Iran nuclear deal: TASS

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Monday he had agreed with his Chinese counterpart that Moscow and Beijing would try to block any U.S. attempt to sabotage the Iran nuclear deal, Russian state news agency TASS reported.

“We are against revising these agreements, we consider it very counter productive to try to reduce to zero years of international work carried out via talks between the six major powers and Iran,” TASS quoted Lavrov as saying after talks with Wang Yi, China’s top diplomat, in Beijing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-russia-china/russia-china-to-obstruct-u-s-attempt-to-sabotage-iran-nuclear-deal-tass-idUSKBN1HU126

! No longer available

.         Trump and Macron discuss Middle East and Iran

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:17:21 pm »
Why do we have to have a deal with Iran -- the one we have has been violated how many times?  What makes these guys think a different deal will be taken seriously by the mullahs?

BTW -- I thought Trump was going to end the Iran deal period.  Didn't say anything about renegotiating.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:54:56 pm »
   Seems the quid pro quo is we stay in Syria and France backs out of the 'current' Iran nuke deal.  What a Deal. /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:48:21 pm »
Seems the quid pro quo is we stay in Syria and France backs out of the 'current' Iran nuke deal.  What a Deal. /s

We’d likely be back at some point, given the Iranian infiltration into Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Yemen over the last decade.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 10:47:58 pm »
There's no "deal" that can be made with Iran that will deter them from the goals they have chosen.

The only deal to be made is the one between the USA and Israel -- as to how we are going to attack Iran and destroy their nuclear capabilities.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 10:53:50 pm »
There's no "deal" that can be made with Iran that will deter them from the goals they have chosen.

The only deal to be made is the one between the USA and Israel -- as to how we are going to attack Iran and destroy their nuclear capabilities.