Author Topic: Broward sheriff's deputies cowered behind cars, tree with Parkland shooter believed in school, repor  (Read 842 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The deputies who were among the first to arrive to the scene of the Florida school massacre were found cowering behind their cars and a nearby tree and had no idea where the gunman was, according to an official report released Tuesday.

The report from Coral Springs Officer Bryan Wilkins details how he arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School within minutes of the active shooter alert -- only to find Broward County Sheriff's Officers hadn't entered the school, but were instead taking cover.

"I saw approximately four Broward County Sheriff's Office vehicles parked in the west bound lane with their personnel taking up exterior positions behind their vehicles," Wilkins wrote. "I drove up just west of the campus building 1200, exited my vehicle, grabbed my AR-15 rifle and donned on my tactical/medical gear. As I was advancing on foot through the chain-link fence, I was advised by an unknown BSO Deputy taking cover behind a tree, 'he is on the third floor.'"

Wilkins added he was joined by two others officers to enter the building, where he saw the dead and wounded. The police officer's report was first revealed by the Miami Herald.

<snip>

The former deputy denied wrongdoing and retired from the office before an investigation was launched. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office released footage of the shooting that showed Peterson spending most of the time during the shooting standing outside the school with his gun drawn.

Meanwhile, school safety issues are being revealed, too.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/24/broward-sheriffs-deputies-cowered-behind-cars-tree-with-parkland-shooter-believed-in-school-report-says.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

The Browardly Lions
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

If this is true, then it's one good reason why someone in a school should be armed.  Even if law enforcement arrives on the scene in a timely fashion and even if officers do go in and engage a shooter -- by the time they arrive, the shooter could kill a lot of people.  Someone has to be on the scene who can effectively engage the shooter at that moment -- not 5, 10, 15 minutes after the perp opens fire.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I believe Sheriff Israel will soon be removed from office.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

He's getting a promotion?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
A consultancy at minimum.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

We can only hope.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Rivergirl

Am sickened to read on another site that investigators are blaming the design of the school for the Parkland shooting.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I shot the students
But I did not shoot the deputies
They ran for cover
'Cause they clearly were afraid of me...

(apologies to Mr. Clapton)