Author Topic: Reading the tea leaves: Trump won't run for a second term  (Read 356 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reading the tea leaves: Trump won't run for a second term
« on: April 24, 2018, 01:36:45 pm »
April 24, 2018
Reading the tea leaves: Trump won't run for a second term
By Fritz Pettyjohn

Like everyone else I know, I grossly underestimated Donald Trump.  He was so radically different from any man I'd ever seen in politics, he broke the mold so completely, that I figured he couldn't possibly know what he was doing.  He was so strange that I didn't even attempt to get inside his head. 

Then not only did he win, but so far he's had the most successful administration since James K. Polk.  So I've been trying hard to figure him out for over a year now, and the idea that he'd run for a second term at the age of 74 has always seemed to me to make no sense.  I'm only nine months older than he is, and I got to see him up close at a rally in Reno during the campaign.  Running for office, and serving as president, is wearing him out.  No one understands this better than his wife.  His welfare is her chief concern.  But the man is a mystery, so who knows? 

Today, I finally got a tell.  He won't admit it yet, but he will not seek re-election.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/trump_wont_run_for_a_second_term.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Reading the tea leaves: Trump won't run for a second term
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 01:42:28 pm »
Maybe.  Fritz admits he misunderestimated Trump originally.  Not sure he has learned anything.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:45:54 pm »
I think it is very likely the President won’t run for reelection. Trump will be 74 in 2020.  He really doesn’t look like he’s enjoying the job to me.   I think the Dems will probably win the House in November, and with subpoena power, they will likely make the remainder of his first term miserable:  just imagine subpoenas for his tax returns, holding Administration members in contempt of Congress for not answering questions, even more legislative gridlock.  I think he’ll want to make his announcement as a “cliffhanger”, but I’m just not sure he wants to spend age 74-78 further under siege as President.  Time will tell though.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:46:12 pm »
My neighbor likes the new Cadillac ATS with Super Cruise and the girl at the super market checkout thinks that spring is finally going to break for good this week.

If I come across any more random thoughts from irrelevant people, I am glad I have this thread to post in.