Author Topic: The House IT Scandal  (Read 1119 times)

Offline endicom

The House IT Scandal
« on: April 24, 2018, 02:29:10 am »
American Greatness
Rachel Bovard
Apr. 22, 2018

Russian meddling? Campaign collusion? Forget that. That “did they or didn’t they” story has nothing on the ongoing saga of cybersecurity breaches with the possible involvement of a foreign government taking place in the House of Representatives.

The story has all the features of a political spy novel: stolen servers, access to confidential congressional files, claims of “controlling the White House” and $12,000 in a suitcase.

Compared to the rampant speculation over yet-unproven claims of Russian collusion in the Trump campaign, the events in the House have received minimal attention from the mainstream press (the exception is the impressive level of coverage from the Daily Caller News Foundation). Even President Trump has raised public questions about the issue, tweeting about it as recently as April 20.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/04/22/the-house-it-scandal/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The House IT Scandal
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 02:33:44 am »
And no one is doing a damned thing about it.   MANY dirty hands I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:48:03 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:46:53 am »
Where's Moss and Roy when you need them?

@Suppressed
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 03:04:01 am »
Where's Moss and Roy when you need them?

@Suppressed

For anyone as clueless as I was about Moss and Roy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_IT_Crowd

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 03:06:43 am »
And no one is doing a damned thing about it.

Nonsense! How dare you besmirch our fine representatives in Congress?

Not that you're wrong.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 07:15:00 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 09:03:53 pm »
@Freya

@Suppressed.  Where you been Dude?  I was wondering if I finally drove you to the bottle or sumpin!   :beer:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »
@Suppressed.  Where you been Dude?  I was wondering if I finally drove you to the bottle or sumpin!   :beer:
Thanks, @Wingnut!   :beer:

I took three days off for vacation...and ended up having to take a couple of weeks' sick time from whatever nasty bug I picked up.  I'm still dealing with the bronchitis and tight chest as I try to play catch-up on my work.  Bad time for a geologist to be out, as it's prime field time and things that were on hold for winter are breaking out.

It's kind of intimidating coming back and realizing I've got lots of catch-up to do here, too!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 04:40:40 pm »
Thanks, @Wingnut!   :beer:

I took three days off for vacation...and ended up having to take a couple of weeks' sick time from whatever nasty bug I picked up.  I'm still dealing with the bronchitis and tight chest as I try to play catch-up on my work.  Bad time for a geologist to be out, as it's prime field time and things that were on hold for winter are breaking out.

It's kind of intimidating coming back and realizing I've got lots of catch-up to do here, too!

@Suppressed
Cool.  I saw your last post was 4/9 and I was wondering.   Get well.  Oh and...  Don't bother going back and seeing if anyone slandered or libeled you while you were gone........  j/s   :whistle: :whistle:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 07:46:13 pm »
@Suppressed
Cool.  I saw your last post was 4/9 and I was wondering.   Get well.  Oh and...  Don't bother going back and seeing if anyone slandered or libeled you while you were gone........  j/s   :whistle: :whistle:

@Wingnut
 :silly:

Are you kidding?
I started to try to catch up, but forget it!  I'll be lucky keeping up from this point forward.

In any case, thanks for the well-wishes.  I'm tryin'...  :laugh:
+++++++++