Author Topic: In Turkey, A Challenge To Erdogan Ahead Of Snap Elections  (Read 737 times)

Offline endicom

In Turkey, A Challenge To Erdogan Ahead Of Snap Elections
« on: April 24, 2018, 12:22:34 am »
Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Apr. 23, 2018

There’s something strange going on in Turkish politics and, while perhaps unlikely, it could end up spelling trouble for the Tyrant of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Their president recently announced a surprise maneuver which could potentially further cement his hold on absolute power there, but the opposition parties have proven to have a bit more fire in their belly than I would have thought. In an unexpected move, several legislators from one opposition party have switched ranks to join up with a separate opposition group, expanding their appeal. (Time)

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/23/turkey-challenge-erdogan-ahead-snap-elections/

Offline dfwgator

Re: In Turkey, A Challenge To Erdogan Ahead Of Snap Elections
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:33:42 am »
Ain't gonna happen.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:42:18 am »
Ain't gonna happen.

Erdogan may face a genuine revolt if he quashes a clear vote against him.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:19:33 am »

Erdogan may face a genuine revolt if he quashes a clear vote against him.

He may have to resort to the US Dem's method they use in a pinch:  Cheat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 01:27:33 am »
I was reading that "Turkishminute" website, one editorial said during his first two terms, he was a standard politicians, did not raise eyebrows. Now, he has turned into his Islamist-self and unfortunately, it sounds like most of the people there support him.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 01:39:03 am »
I was reading that "Turkishminute" website, one editorial said during his first two terms, he was a standard politicians, did not raise eyebrows. Now, he has turned into his Islamist-self and unfortunately, it sounds like most of the people there support him.

I don't know if most Turks still support him but the rest seems right. He at first came across as moderate, the Islamism gradually revealed.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 02:28:15 am »

I don't know if most Turks still support him but the rest seems right. He at first came across as moderate, the Islamism gradually revealed.

I hope you are right, it's bad news with Erdogan right now.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 02:37:08 am »
Islamist AND definitely, Nationalistic too, per Erdogan, some has been written about the Nationalist group, Grey Wolves prior.
[OPINION] Europe braces itself for Erdoğan’s new push for the Turkish diaspora
April 23, 2018

Erdoğan is intent on pulling out all the stops to push the envelope in raising tension with European allies during this election period in order to milk each and every vote by campaigning on religious fervor and nationalist euphoria. We’d likely see a fresh escalation of conflict, perhaps on a bigger scale than in the past, between Turkey and other countries where sizable Turkish communities exist. Instead of making compromises by working out deals that would be acceptable to both sides, the Turkish Islamists deliberately triggered tensions in the past with the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium and Germany. This time, they seem intent on taking it to a new level with a harsher diatribe and firebrand rhetoric.

https://www.turkishminute.com/2018/04/23/opinion-europe-braces-itself-for-erdogans-new-push-for-the-turkish-diaspora/