Author Topic: After Yeti Coolers Drops NRA, Its Competitor Is Letting Customers Know Where It Stands on the 2A  (Read 4130 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

That's what I do, too, except for one.  When a new guy, gay, took charge of JC Penney, where I always bought their linens and had just outfitted a bedroom with their curtains and all bedding, this gay guy changed their catalog.  I got one with all gay men in various poses together throughout the catalog - no women in it.  Then, I got one with all gay women in it in various poses together, no men in it.  Both were disgusting, and I called their central office, which is located in the Dallas area, and told them never to send me a catalog again, and take me off their list.

I haven't bought anything from them since then.  I cut up their card I had.  I saw on line, their prices went up and the linen department was much more expensive and choices were much less than they had before. 

I hated that happened because I bought so much from them through the years before this gay guy changed them, making "gay" their reason for existing and trying to get my money for their gay agenda. I don't know what their financials are today, whether they are doing fine or struggling to remain alive.

That is the only time I have done that to a company.  Don't invade my house with gay catalogs and that is what I told the JC Penny person I talked to.

Voting with our wallet is a powerful tool.  I see nothing wrong with spending money with companies that support traditional American values.  And not spending money at those who dont.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

Then how come you are still sporting an "Ayatollah Assahola" T-shirt?

@Frank Cannon

I have the Christmas sweater, not the tee.  It's festive.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

That's what I do, too, except for one.  When a new guy, gay, took charge of JC Penney, where I always bought their linens and had just outfitted a bedroom with their curtains and all bedding, this gay guy changed their catalog.  I got one with all gay men in various poses together throughout the catalog - no women in it.  Then, I got one with all gay women in it in various poses together, no men in it.  Both were disgusting, and I called their central office, which is located in the Dallas area, and told them never to send me a catalog again, and take me off their list.

I haven't bought anything from them since then.  I cut up their card I had.  I saw on line, their prices went up and the linen department was much more expensive and choices were much less than they had before. 

I hated that happened because I bought so much from them through the years before this gay guy changed them, making "gay" their reason for existing and trying to get my money for their gay agenda. I don't know what their financials are today, whether they are doing fine or struggling to remain alive.

That is the only time I have done that to a company.  Don't invade my house with gay catalogs and that is what I told the JC Penny person I talked to.

@Victoria33

I remember when Penney's did that.  I never saw the catalog myself, and I'm glad I didn't.

My local JCP is a graveyard.  I don't know how it stays open.

I need to correct myself, there's one thing I don't like to buy---pink-ribboned Susan Komen items.  The other day at Kroger, when I was paying, the girl at the register--maybe 20 years old---asked me if I wanted to make a donation to breast cancer research.  I asked if it was Komen, she said yes, and I replied no.  The girl looked around to make sure she wasn't being overheard and said quietly, "I don't blame you."

Silver Pines

Voting with our wallet is a powerful tool.  I see nothing wrong with spending money with companies that support traditional American values.  And not spending money at those who dont.

@driftdiver

There's nothing at all wrong with it if that's what you want to do, but it's okay if you don't.  So many corporations lean left these days.  A person could be left with a very short list of places to shop.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33 
I need to correct myself, there's one thing I don't like to buy---pink-ribboned Susan Komen items.  o.  The girl looked around to make sure she wasn't being overheard and said quietly, "I don't blame you."
@CatherineofAragon

Pardon my ignorance - who is Susan Komen?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@CatherineofAragon

Pardon my ignorance - who is Susan Komen?

"Komen for the Cure."  Supports Breast Cancer awareness/research.  It's for the Komen foundation all that pink-labeled stuff is on sale at the grocery.  The foundation supports Planned Parenthood.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

"Komen for the Cure."  Supports Breast Cancer awareness/research.  It's for the Komen foundation all that pink-labeled stuff is on sale at the grocery.  The foundation supports Planned Parenthood.

@Cyber Liberty
@Victoria33

Yep.  This stuff is all over the place in October.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
YETI Flagship Store Bars Concealed and Open Carriers, Then Backtracks

Posted March 27, 2017 in EDC, Legal Issues, Shooting by billj

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/27/yeti-flagship-store-bars-concealed-open-carriers-backtracks/

"I was surprised to peruse the AustinGuns reddit and learn, via the inimitable Mike Cargill’s FB page (go follow him now!), that the local YETI Flagship store posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs outside their store in the city.

Says Mike:

So I called and spoke with their attorney. He said he wasn’t going to debate or discuss the issue and licensed holders are not allowed in the building. I guess they aren’t as pro gun as they say they are.

This move isn’t exactly on-brand for YETI, so Mike raised a stink, and after some back-and-forth the company relented. They blamed the “no guns” policy on the attached bar, but the signs, which prohibit concealed and open carry and aren’t cheap, were also preventing carry inside the store.

Final Update: I would like to thank YETI for listening to its customer base.

The bar is operated by a third party company called Cooler Concessions. So we can’t carry in the bar because it is 51%. But there are no longer 30.06 or 30.07 signs that prohibit carry inside the store. They are now fully compliant with Texas law while still respecting lawful citizens.

At any rate, as of recently tonight YETI has done the right thing and pulled the signs. The ill will lingers, though. I recommend an in-store discount for anyone who shows up packing as a way to smooth things over.
"

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

They (komen) hung Karen Handel out to dry for that.   
Whatever.  The result was it shed light on the relationship with PP.  So that was a good thing.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It is worse than that.  It decided to cut ties to PP, but then in 3 days it listened to leftists and reinstated its support.

Susan G. Komen Foundation discovers the price of playing politics
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-susan-g-komen-20140108-story.html

And it only uses 80% of the money for its intended purposes.  The CEO gets $565,000 per year, which is hefty.

https://paddockpost.com/2018/03/03/executive-compensation-at-susan-g-komen/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Victoria33

The one my wife and I dropped because of their support to Planned Parenthood...was the Girl Scouts. It's really difficult come cookie time. But we don't buy the cookies anymore because of PP.

Neither do I.  And during the time of the year when the grocery cashier asks me if I want to donate to Komen for the Cure, I say something under my breath that resembles "Truck-Chu."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BTW

The  "brother's" sold ownership of Yeti to Cortec Group Management Services LLC, a private equity firm.

Now it is getting clearer.
That may be, but Roy Seiders still controls the management of YETI.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/relationship.asp?personId=78446&privcapId=19875&previousCapId=26269458&previousTitle=Cortec%20Group%20Fund%20IV,%20L.P.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
YETI vs the NRA, It’s About More Than Discount Coolers

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/yeti-coolers-vs-the-nra/#axzz5Dj2bige4

Yeah, the backlash has been swift and painful for YETI, and whoever in the boardroom decided to do whatever they did in today's charged political climate, whether it was innocent or not, really blew it and in the process, helped make a massive statement to the PC crowd and gun-grabbers. More importantly, this sends a message to any other company that thinks they might want to piss off gun owners after pretending to be one of us.

This fiasco is far more significant than a cooler.

I believe this whole dust-up sends the needed signal that we're sick and tired of the attacks on our way of life. We're fed up with being called murderers by 16-year-old teenagers, and we're tired of being spat upon by a bloodthirsty media quick to push the anti-gun narrative. In this case, the message is clear: If you pretend to be one of us then decide to play politics with our loyalty to your brand you will be dealt with swiftly and severely. You will find that this blade has two sharp edges and cuts both ways. The mere appearance of abandoning support for millions of NRA members (read: any lawful gun owner) who have been loyal customers will have painful results.

Offline mirraflake

@Victoria33

I remember when Penney's did that.  I never saw the catalog myself, and I'm glad I didn't.

My local JCP is a graveyard.  I don't know how it stays open.

Our local Penny's hired a gay or two and now it seems like half the store employees are gay. They hire like minded people.

Our local courthouse is the same. One or two gays now every department is headed by openly gay men or lesbians

@CatherineofAragon

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
YETI vs the NRA, It’s About More Than Discount Coolers

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/yeti-coolers-vs-the-nra/#axzz5Dj2bige4

Yeah, the backlash has been swift and painful for YETI, and whoever in the boardroom decided to do whatever they did in today's charged political climate, whether it was innocent or not, really blew it and in the process, helped make a massive statement to the PC crowd and gun-grabbers. More importantly, this sends a message to any other company that thinks they might want to piss off gun owners after pretending to be one of us.

This fiasco is far more significant than a cooler.

I believe this whole dust-up sends the needed signal that we're sick and tired of the attacks on our way of life. We're fed up with being called murderers by 16-year-old teenagers, and we're tired of being spat upon by a bloodthirsty media quick to push the anti-gun narrative. In this case, the message is clear: If you pretend to be one of us then decide to play politics with our loyalty to your brand you will be dealt with swiftly and severely. You will find that this blade has two sharp edges and cuts both ways. The mere appearance of abandoning support for millions of NRA members (read: any lawful gun owner) who have been loyal customers will have painful results.

:amen:

Bullshit. 

A Figure head position.... if at all.
No way I guess a guy who made a company successful would be asked to stay on to keep it that way.

So you are one who believe Joy Reid was hacked, too?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No way I guess a guy who made a company successful would be asked to stay on to keep it that way.

Who cares?  Yeti, the brand, is dead to me.  I don't care who within the company made the decision.

Offline WingNot

Who cares?  Yeti, the brand, is dead to me.  I don't care who within the company made the decision.

Gone, gone, the damage done. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Gone, gone, the damage done.

You're invoking Neil Young to a southern girl?

Offline Night Hides Not

Southern Man don't need him anyhow.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline WingNot

My apologies kind lady.  My comment was direct solely to that YETI  leg hummer who posted before you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My apologies kind lady.  My comment was direct solely to that YETI  leg hummer who posted before you.

You're forgiven.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@IsailedawayfromFR
In most M&A activity the previous owner may stay on in a leadership role but usually large investors have their own management team they want to install.   IF there is a transition period then he might be given a role.   

The bean counters who do this (think Romney) don't place a lot of value on people unless they have a unique skill set or are associate with the brand. 

Regardless it doesn't matter.  YETI has had plenty of opportunity to clarify their position.   They obviously don't think they need to and believe this storm shall pass.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline verga

@Victoria33

The one my wife and I dropped because of their support to Planned Parenthood...was the Girl Scouts. It's really difficult come cookie time. But we don't buy the cookies anymore because of PP.
Right there... exactly what you said
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.