Author Topic: After Yeti Coolers Drops NRA, Its Competitor Is Letting Customers Know Where It Stands on the 2A  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
IJR.com 4/23/2018 by JULIO ROSAS

In response to Yeti coolers telling the National Rifle Association it no longer wants to do any more business with the NRA Foundation, one company sent a not-so-subtle message to its customers to reassure them on where it stands on the Second Amendment.

In an email to its members on Friday, the NRA said Yeti told it the company will no longer do business with its Friends of the NRA Banquet and Auction events:

---On Sunday, another company, RTIC Coolers, posted on its Facebook page one picture: the text of the Second Amendment.

The simple post has been well-received, with many users telling RTIC they will now be doing business with it instead of Yeti. Likewise, many users on Facebook have told Yeti it has made the wrong decision and that they will no longer be buying its products.

More: https://ijr.com/2018/04/1087475-yeti-coolers-drops-nra-company/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
http://smokeroom.com/2018/04/23/yeti-nra-statement/

This is turning into an absolute disaster for YETI. As I noted above, just take a glance at the Facebook comments and the responses on Twitter. They’re brutal.

It appears to me that YETI is in damage control mode. It turns out not doing business with an organization extremely popular with your customers is a really dumb idea.

Check back to see how this situation continues to evolve.

Offline mirraflake

IMO Yeti, like many corporations  no longer want to be associated with the NRA. They believe short term pain will better for long term gain.

I bet there is going to be a grownig list of companies not doing business with the NRA

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The heat is on them.  Here's the canned response I get back from them after I submitted a note of disapproval.  Note the term they used about the NRA as 'outdated'.

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

Heads-up

Yeti says the NRA lied, they didn't drop them.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,313379.0.html

@AbaraXas

This is why I don’t let boycotts and politics determine where I shop or what I buy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Heads-up

I saw their milquetoast Press Release.  They declared their support of hunting, which does not equal support of the 2nd Amendment.  The Amendment wasn't passed to protect against a deer revolt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

IMO Yeti, like many corporations  no longer want to be associated with the NRA. They believe short term pain will better for long term gain.

I bet there is going to be a grownig list of companies not doing business with the NRA

What's the long term gain of a company making a product primarily for sportsmen dissing gun owners?

Offline WingNot

What's the long term gain of a company making a product primarily for sportsmen dissing gun owners?

Bankruptcy?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
In a statement emailed to The Washington Post Monday night, Hammer said that it was “news to us” that Yeti dropped not only the NRA Foundation from the discount program but also other organizations.

“After three days Yeti issued a statement claiming they didn’t really drop the NRA Foundation,” she said. “They claim they simply eliminated the entire program affecting NRA Foundation and other unnamed organizations. Isn’t that like eliminating a job position so you can get rid of an employee?”

She added that “Yeti decided the NRA Foundation can’t place any more orders and in fact they forced us to cancel orders they would not fill.”

A representative for Yeti did not immediately respond to questions from The Post seeking a reaction to Hammer’s comments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/24/nra-supporters-are-blowing-up-yeti-coolers-yeti-says-its-all-a-big-mistake/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a5c9b7cf241d

Bankruptcy?
I called it being 'Target-ed' after the absolute stupidity of that company in being oblivious to its customers in order to cater to a few wackos.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Heads-up

It Yeti really is still supporting the NRA, they could have very easily come back and said something like: "we have a contract with the NRA to provide ___ and are sponsoring _____ NRA events and supporting ______ programs."  The fact that they didn't do that tells me that there is some weight to this story.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It Yeti really is still supporting the NRA, they could have very easily come back and said something like: "we have a contract with the NRA to provide ___ and are sponsoring _____ NRA events and supporting ______ programs."  The fact that they didn't do that tells me that there is some weight to this story.

Sounds like Yeti pulled a stunt to placate the crazies, then tried to feed the rest of us bullcrap to try to placate us.  That statement from Yeti being touted above as "vindication" is just baffling us with BS, rather than dazzling us with brilliance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

Austin is running all upside Yeti's brain.  They are showing their true colors.  NRA didn't Lie. 

Offline Frank Cannon

@AbaraXas

This is why I don’t let boycotts and politics determine where I shop or what I buy.

Then how come you are still sporting an "Ayatollah Assahola" T-shirt?

Austin is running all upside Yeti's brain.  They are showing their true colors.  NRA didn't Lie.
Yeah, those two brothers from tiny Driftwood Texas on the city limits of Austin, home of The Salt Lick, have become tainted liberals it appears.

Offline WingNot

Yeah, those two brothers from tiny Driftwood Texas on the city limits of Austin, home of The Salt Lick, have become tainted liberals it appears.

Austins evil is like maple syrup. It oozes all over Travis County and the surrounding area.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Not many natives live in Driftwood or Drippin' any more.  Mostly people from elsewhere. 

Offline WingNot

I'm not familiar with these things but it looks like Yeti was getting ready to go for an IPO.  Then it was with drawn a month ago?

Source
https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/yeti-holdings-inc-998236-81248

Offline WingNot

BTW

The  "brother's" sold ownership of Yeti to Cortec Group Management Services LLC, a private equity firm.

Now it is getting clearer.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
BTW

The  "brother's" sold ownership of Yeti to Cortec Group Management Services LLC, a private equity firm.

Now it is getting clearer.

I believe one of them started the company RTIC and sold copies of YETI products.   YETI sued and RTIC lost.   RTIC can sell their current product but has to redesign all of their products.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I believe one of them started the company RTIC and sold copies of YETI products.   YETI sued and RTIC lost.   RTIC can sell their current product but has to redesign all of their products.

I heard it was the ex-wife, but that could just be an urban rumor.

Offline Victoria33

@AbaraXas   This is why I don’t let boycotts and politics determine where I shop or what I buy.
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

That's what I do, too, except for one.  When a new guy, gay, took charge of JC Penney, where I always bought their linens and had just outfitted a bedroom with their curtains and all bedding, this gay guy changed their catalog.  I got one with all gay men in various poses together throughout the catalog - no women in it.  Then, I got one with all gay women in it in various poses together, no men in it.  Both were disgusting, and I called their central office, which is located in the Dallas area, and told them never to send me a catalog again, and take me off their list.

I haven't bought anything from them since then.  I cut up their card I had.  I saw on line, their prices went up and the linen department was much more expensive and choices were much less than they had before. 

I hated that happened because I bought so much from them through the years before this gay guy changed them, making "gay" their reason for existing and trying to get my money for their gay agenda. I don't know what their financials are today, whether they are doing fine or struggling to remain alive.

That is the only time I have done that to a company.  Don't invade my house with gay catalogs and that is what I told the JC Penny person I talked to. 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:57:02 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

That's what I do, too, except for one.  When a new guy, gay, took charge of JC Penney, where I always bought their linens and had just outfitted a bedroom with their curtains and all bedding, this gay guy changed their catalog.  I got one with all gay men in various poses together throughout the catalog - no women in it.  Then, I got one with all gay women in it in various poses together, no men in it.  Both were disgusting, and I called their central office, which is located in the Dallas area, and told them never to send me a catalog again, and take me off their list.

I haven't bought anything from them since then.  I cut up their card I had.  I saw on line, their prices went up and the linen department was much more expensive and choices were much less than they had before. 

I hated that happened because I bought so much from them through the years before this gay guy changed them, making "gay" their reason for existing and trying to get my money for their gay agenda. I don't know what their financials are today, whether they are doing fine or struggling to remain alive.

That is the only time I have done that to a company.  Don't invade my house with gay catalogs and that is what I told the JC Penny person I talked to.

@Victoria33

The one my wife and I dropped because of their support to Planned Parenthood...was the Girl Scouts. It's really difficult come cookie time. But we don't buy the cookies anymore because of PP.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!