Author Topic: Trump just got his first challenger in 2020 GOP primary — and he’s a very famous conservative  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't know the guy but I think the sooner the better.  Keep Trump in line.  Have we seen any progress on illegal immigration?  Then he takes on his good pro illegal immigration, pro gun control buddy Giuliani onto his legal team.

@Chosen Daughter   You don't know the guy but apparently, he already has your vote.

Trump has tried to make progress on illegal immigration.  Tried hard.  He's been handicapped by a do-nothing Senate and Obama appointed judges.

Some of you Trump haters had better be careful what you wish for.  We need to remember that the democrats are fiercely in favor of illegal immigrants, sexual deviation and are anti-cop and anti-military.

If you assist the left and the media in destroying Trump, it might create a void where a Hillary or Obama clone could slip in.

Trump is not a shining knight and I wish he were, but he is miles about any democrat in the world and we need to remember that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fine with me if he runs, I know who he is, novelist. I've read 2 or 3 of his books, a bit in the Tom Clancy mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Thor

He was the one who was on the show with Glenn Beck, when, they got allegedly, a bit controversial, talked about in the wikipedia entry.

I've read a few of his books,too. He is a pretty good fiction writer,so I guess he would fit right in with either the DNC or the RNC. After all,his whole life is built around fiction.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If you assist the left and the media in destroying Trump, it might create a void where a Hillary or Obama clone could slip in

And we apparently can magically do this when we criticize Trump on an internet forum board?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Apparently 'very famous' was a bit of a reach.  I never heard of him either.

Me either.  But he has nice eyes...
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And we apparently can magically do this when we criticize Trump on an internet forum board?

No.  You cannot.  What you say, and even what I say, has no ripple at all out in the world. 

But the attitude is wrong.  You are siding with the enemy.  Trump's faults are many and most of us are familiar with them.

But he hasn't done a bad job as President and he is light years better than any democrat in the country. 

So, yeah.  I try to support him, and since you know what you say has no effect, why say it at all and irritate me.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
His possible running mates:

Slab Bulkhead
Fridge Largemeat
Punt Speedchunk
Butch Deadlift
Bold Bigflank
Splint Chesthair
Flint Ironstag
Bolt Vanderhuge
Thick McRunfast
Blast Hardcheese
Buff Drinklots
Trunk Slamchest
Fist Rockbone
Stump Beefknob
Smash Lampjaw
Punch Rockgroin
Buck Plankchest
Stump Chunkmen
Dirk Hardpec
Rip Steakface
Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Brick HardMeat
Rip Slagcheek
Punch Sideiron
Gristle McThornbody
Slate Fistcrunch
Buff Hardback
Bob Johnson Oh, wait...
Blast Thickneck
Crunch Buttsteak
Slab Squatthrust
Lump Beefbroth
Touch Rustrod
Reef Blastbody
Big McLargeHuge
Smoke ManMuscle
Eat Punchbeef
Hack Blowfist
Roll Fizzlebeef

Silver Pines

I saw some discussion about this on Twitter.  If he runs, at least it will be interesting.

Wasn’t there something about him flipping back and forth on his Trump stance before the election? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I saw some discussion about this on Twitter.  If he runs, at least it will be interesting.

Wasn’t there something about him flipping back and forth on his Trump stance before the election?

I don't know,but why would that be a problem. LOTS of people did that,including me. I wasn't going to vote for a Presidential candidate at all the day before the election. I just decided he couldn't possibly be worse than Bubbette! the night before,so I voted for him.

And for the most part,I have been pleasantly surprised by most of what he has done since he has been in office,and am happy I did vote for him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

I believe that's considered sedition in the Orange Brigade Field Manual.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But the attitude is wrong.  You are siding with the enemy.

So to criticize Trump is 'siding with the enemy'???

I guess you will enjoy living under a regime where free political speech is banned and criminal then.

But he hasn't done a bad job as President and he is light years better than any democrat in the country. 

That's your opinion, which as you agreed is worthless.  Mine is that he is just a continuation of the same statist crap as we got from the previous 4 regimes in the White House, with the added bonus of tweet insults and being on every side of an argument Reality TV chaos.

So, yeah.  I try to support him, and since you know what you say has no effect, why say it at all and irritate me.

Because my entire being and focus in life, is to irritate you.  THAT'S why I'm on the internet, to irritate you.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

I guess you will enjoy living under a regime where free political speech is banned and criminal then.

That's your opinion, which as you agreed is worthless.  Mine is that he is just a continuation of the same statist crap as we got from the previous 4 regimes in the White House, with the added bonus of tweet insults and being on every side of an argument Reality TV chaos.

Because my entire being and focus in life, is to irritate you.  THAT'S why I'm on the internet, to irritate you.

And let's just go ahead and say it, you're really good at being irritating.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And let's just go ahead and say it, you're really good at being irritating.

It's no effort at all to irritate those who think everyone is out to irritate them.

That just happens naturally when you disagree with them or, you take a shopping cart from the stall that they had their eye on when they came in the door fifty paces behind you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't know,but why would that be a problem. LOTS of people did that,including me. I wasn't going to vote for a Presidential candidate at all the day before the election. I just decided he couldn't possibly be worse than Bubbette! the night before,so I voted for him.

And for the most part,I have been pleasantly surprised by most of what he has done since he has been in office,and am happy I did vote for him.

@sneakypete   I totally agree.  It was a hard choice.  I didn't have to make it because I hadn't been a resident long enough and I honestly don't know if I could have voted for Trump since I had trashed him for months.  However, I was really glad when he won and the more we see the Repercussions of his win, the clearer it becomes that it was a good thing.

It has been made brutally clear to us how divided this country is with a good ... though flawed and not quite as conservative as we would like ... President in Trump and the Forces of Evil on the other side.

It's a no brainer.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Invar, @INVAR   I don't give a damn about you and I usually don't read your posts.

But you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.  At least @corbe is messing around with his futile attempt to resurrect a Constitution Party.  And, at least he is funny sometimes.

But you just spread a miasma of gloom with nothing positive whatever.  If posting here keeps you from taking out your misery on those around you, I guess that is a good thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I've heard the name but know absolutely nothing about him. By whose definition is he famous?

He and Rush are good buddies.  Back when I still listened...Limbaugh used to talk about him all the time.  I think he even wrote the forward to one of his recent books.

Rush also interviewed him for the May 2015 Limbaugh Letter.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

He and Rush are good buddies.  Back when I still listened...Limbaugh used to talk about him all the time.  I think he even wrote the forward to one of his recent books.

Rush also interviewed him for the May 2015 Limbaugh Letter.

I remember Chris Christie with his family on the beach.
It may have been the time he had it closed off, I don't remember if it was the same time.
Anyway, he was sitting there reading on of this guy's books.
Twitter world was making a big deal out of it at the time.

Online corbe

Don't mess with my Leader @Emjay, I am an Invarmunist!

Seriously, we have quite a few Briefers here that spent years toiling in the GOP and the last Convention was the straw that broke the camel's back for them.  I certainly empathize more with them than the many here that feel today is just another day in paradise.  There are no easy answers and in all honesty I will vote for Cruz as I would have voted for Trump~IF MY VOTE COULD POSSIBLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE, It was a foregone conclusion that Trump would walk away with all 38 Texas Electoral Votes as it is (right now) that Cruz will wipe Beto's but by similar margins that Abbott beat Davis.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

Neither do you toots, except to stir shit up.

But you just spread a miasma of gloom with nothing positive whatever.

Better put me back on ignore then lady, because my whole purpose in life is to be online just so I can irritate you.

Silver Pines

@sneakypete

Pete.  It was just an idle remark, wondering if anyone else recalled it.  It doesn’t make any difference to me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
     Don't mess with my Leader @Emjay, I am an Invarmunist!

Seriously, we have quite a few Briefers here that spent years toiling in the GOP and the last Convention was the straw that broke the camel's back for them.  I certainly empathize more with them than the many here that feel today is just another day in paradise.  There are no easy answers and in all honesty I will vote for Cruz as I would have voted for Trump~IF MY VOTE COULD POSSIBLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE, It was a foregone conclusion that Trump would walk away with all 38 Texas Electoral Votes as it is (right now) that Cruz will wipe Beto's but by similar margins that Abbott beat Davis.

@corbe ,  Hey, babe.  You know I respect you and somebody has to try even though I think your efforts would be better spent in trying to reform the only viable party with a bit of conservatism.

And you know I agree with you about Ted Cruz ... I wish we could have nominated him.  However, at this point, looking back, I think maybe Trump had a better chance of beating Hillary than Cruz would have had.  Trump had an army of zealots plus a battalion of people who wanted anybody but Hillary.