Author Topic: Trump just got his first challenger in 2020 GOP primary — and he’s a very famous conservative  (Read 3104 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The 2018 midterm elections have yet to happen, but President Donald Trump got his first challenger for the 2020 Republican primary over the weekend. It’s someone who’s very popular among conservatives: bestselling author Brad Thor, who is known for his thriller novels.
What are the details?
Thor announced his candidacy in several tweets on Saturday....

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/22/trump-just-got-his-first-challenger-in-2020-gop-primary-and-hes-a-very-famous-conservative

Offline dfwgator

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Too damn soon.

I'm sick of the constant campaign mode for the throne anymore.

Besides, running as true Conservative in the Republican Party is a dead-end and a waste of time considering the rules changes they made that pretty much give the hand-picking of national candidates to the RNC and the Establishment.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

Has Egg McMuffin announced yet?

Offline Frank Cannon

Has Egg McMuffin announced yet?

He did. He also announced his VP. Hash Brown.

Offline GrouchoTex

I never sausage a thing!

Offline Frank Cannon

I never sausage a thing!

I guess we will be getting a McFlurry of puns now.

Offline endicom

I might vote for his brother, Odin. But just to get near his sister, Valkyrie.

Offline dfwgator

It would have been Mayor McCheese, but he was assassinated on Family Guy.

Offline mountaineer

I've heard the name but know absolutely nothing about him. By whose definition is he famous?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

Thor huh?  Well, the rallies will be ummm...nice... to watch.

Offline libertybele

Thor huh?  Well, the rallies will be ummm...nice... to watch.

@RoosGirl  - meet Brad Thor; supposed conservative commentator and author.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I guess we will be getting a McFlurry of puns now.

Grimace and bear it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl  - meet Brad Thor; supposed conservative commentator and author.

Crap, another politician that's a disappointment.

Offline libertybele

Crap, another politician that's a disappointment.

Somehow I just can't see him and Trump in a debate ... I mean just look at those hands!!!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I've heard the name but know absolutely nothing about him. By whose definition is he famous?

Thor had his 15 minutes during late spring, 2016, when he said something some people interpreted as an assassination threat on Glenn Beck's program.....

He is a danger to America and I got to ask you a question and this is serious and this could ring down incredible heat on me because I’m about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask as a thriller writer.

With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as President? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/05/25/brad-thor-glenn-beck-trump-tyrant/

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Too damn soon.

I'm sick of the constant campaign mode for the throne anymore.

Besides, running as true Conservative in the Republican Party is a dead-end and a waste of time considering the rules changes they made that pretty much give the hand-picking of national candidates to the RNC and the Establishment.

I don't know the guy but I think the sooner the better.  Keep Trump in line.  Have we seen any progress on illegal immigration?  Then he takes on his good pro illegal immigration, pro gun control buddy Giuliani onto his legal team.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I don't know the guy but I think the sooner the better.  Keep Trump in line.  Have we seen any progress on illegal immigration?  Then he takes on his good pro illegal immigration, pro gun control buddy Giuliani onto his legal team.

12th Dimensional Underwater chess we can assume.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
12th Dimensional Underwater chess we can assume.

Genius.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fine with me if he runs, I know who he is, novelist. I've read 2 or 3 of his books, a bit in the Tom Clancy mode.

'I'll Clean Trump's Clock' - Author Brad Thor Announces He Will Challenge Trump in 2020
MRCTV.org ·
On Saturday, bestselling author Brad Thor announced that he will challenge Donald Trump in the 2020 election. "I cannot believe it falls to me," Thor told MRCTV
https://www.mrctv.org/index.php/blog/im-author-brad-thor-announces-he-will-challenge-trump-2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Thor

He was the one who was on the show with Glenn Beck, when, they got allegedly, a bit controversial, talked about in the wikipedia entry.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Still don't know who he is.

Apparently 'very famous' was a bit of a reach.  I never heard of him either.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.