Author Topic: Gorsuch is dead wrong on immigration  (Read 6058 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Gorsuch is dead wrong on immigration
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2018, 02:22:32 pm »
A resident alien has "earned" the right to stay here.  By the government's act of permitting him to stay, he has "earned" the right to due process if he should do something subsequent to potentially merit relinquishing that right.  In this case, the statute set forth criteria for grounds for deportation, that were too vague to be duly applied to this individual.

He or she isn't a citizen.  They are legally allowed to live here on a Visa.  There are certain things they agree to and sign as part of the Visa application before they ever set foot in this country and they agree that if the violate any of the rules set forth they are subject to being deported back to their home country.

The ONLY way you earn the right to due process is to take the oath of citizenship for the United States of America and become a citizen.

Then and ONLY then are you afforded due process rights.

That is very clearly spelled out in immigration law and court rulings since the founding of this country.

If you have some ruling to the contrary...by all means please show us your cards counselor.

It is not an affront to our sovereignty to afford a resident alien his due process rights.  To fail to provide such rights is the act of an arbitrary and capricious government - that is, a tyrant. 

That is such a steaming pile of crap I don't even know where to begin.  You're starting your circular argument process again because you don't have a leg to stand on. 

It's not arbitrary or capricious.  It's black letter immigration law back by the cases I cited and more that I have on deck.

And allowing legal or illegal aliens who violate our laws...rob our citizens and in come cases murder Americans to remain in this country and be afforded the rights of law abiding citizens very much jeopardizes our sovereignty.

[quote[There is no "letter of the law" - it is unconstitutionally vague.   You are defending the arbitrary and capricious exercise of government power.  You should be ashamed of yourself, if you call yourself a conservative.
[/quote]

I just cited you Article and Clause where our Immigration laws are rooted in the Constitution...I've cited the court cases that back up the right to deny due process to resident aliens that violate our laws.

Let me ask you this counselor do you think that Gitmo detainees like Ahmed Ghailani should be allowed due process rights?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!