Author Topic: Green Beret: The Left is wrong. I am a warrior. Not a victim  (Read 372 times)

rangerrebew

Green Beret: The Left is wrong. I am a warrior. Not a victim
« on: April 23, 2018, 04:51:20 pm »
Green Beret: The Left is wrong. I am a warrior. Not a victim

By SFC Gregory A. Stube (ret.)

Published April 22, 2018
FoxNews.com

You think about a lot of things when you’re in a hospital bed with tubes in you and pieces of your body sewn back on, all the while knowing you really should be dead. At first, how you judge yourself is the worst of it.

I had been a Green Beret for 18 years. I was physically tough and had all these skills earned in sweat and blood. But after being blown up, shot and badly burned on a battlefield in Afghanistan, I found I’d only worked to harden the parts that had been blown up and burned away.

I found that everything I needed to really be strong was undeveloped and little understood, and that mainstream society, and even the Army, didn’t grasp this.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/22/green-beret-left-is-wrong-am-warrior-not-victim.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Green Beret: The Left is wrong. I am a warrior. Not a victim
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 05:10:50 pm »
Three cheers for the author, an injured Special Forces NCO.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Green Beret: The Left is wrong. I am a warrior. Not a victim
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:53:48 pm »
Three cheers for the author, an injured Special Forces NCO.

I knew at least two SF NCO's on active duty at Bragg that were still on jump status that were walking around on wooden legs.

There at one time it seems like the motto of SF Training Group was "We hire the handicapped". It was pretty effective,too. Young soldiers trying to learn the trade tend to pay special attention to someone who has already been there and came back all shot up. All of a sudden it ain't all just a theory anymore.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!