Author Topic: 108 retired military officers urge Senate to probe CIA nominee Gina Haspel's ties to torture  (Read 595 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
108 retired military officers urge Senate to probe CIA nominee Gina Haspel's ties to torture
by Travis J. Tritten
 | April 23, 2018 10:47 AM

More than 100 retired military officers sent a letter to the Senate Monday saying they are “deeply concerned” by the nomination of Gina Haspel to lead the CIA.

Their letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee calls for an examination of Haspel and any ties she may have had during her CIA career to harsh 9/11-era interrogation techniques that many consider torture. The committee has scheduled a May 9 hearing on her nomination.

“We urge you to examine closely the full extent of Ms. Haspel’s involvement in the rendition, detention, and interrogation program and, should you find that she played any role in carrying out, supervising, or directing the torture or abuse of people in U.S. custody, or the destruction of evidence relating to these activities, we urge you to reject her nomination,” the 108 retired offers wrote in the letter.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/108-retired-military-officers-urge-senate-to-probe-cia-nominee-gina-haspels-ties-to-torture
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

108 out of how many retired officers?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Thousands.  And I bet if you looked into their bio deep enough...all of them got their star under Clinton or Obama.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know,but that is  a LOT of officers to be so concerned over one nomination. That's even a lot for her to have came into contact with in her entire career on a basis where they knew how she thinks and what she promoted.

I have no idea who she is or who the officers that are complaining about her are,but with that matter it means the charges are worth taking a look into.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

I don't know,but that is  a LOT of officers to be so concerned over one nomination. That's even a lot for her to have came into contact with in her entire career on a basis where they knew how she thinks and what she promoted.

I have no idea who she is or who the officers that are complaining about her are,but with that matter it means the charges are worth taking a look into.

What charges?  That we didn't give terrorists the "Comfy Chair"?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Good point.  And, after 9-11 most people were not opposed to strong interrogation tactics.  Waterboarding never killed anybody.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.