Author Topic: Democrats crush House Republicans in fundraising  (Read 632 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Democrats crush House Republicans in fundraising
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:38:44 pm »
House Republicans told themselves 2018 would be better after getting swamped by Democratic cash in 2017. But Republican incumbents are actually in worse financial shape now than at the end of last year.

A whopping 43 House Republicans raised less money than Democratic challengers in the first three months of 2018 — nearly the same number of stragglers the GOP had at the end of last year, according to POLITICO’s analysis of the latest Federal Election Commission filings. An overlapping group of 16 Republican incumbents already have less cash on hand than Democratic challengers, up from the end of 2017, despite hopes that tax reform would open more donor wallets.

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/19/house-republicans-fundraising-2018-midterms-493823

------------

Sorry if I call BS. Some of these are heavy GOP districts where Dems don't win much. So how are they getting the cash?

I can tell you from living in a heavy Dem county, that there isn't a wide base of GOP donors to fund candidates. The opposition can't raise that kind of money because there just isn't enough of them to do that.

The DNC is broke, I don't know about the unions, but there's definitely a spigot of outside money that's been turned on to fund these guys.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Democrats crush House Republicans in fundraising
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 07:06:37 pm »
Soros, Steyer, NEA.....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:47:52 pm »
Welp, I heard the same thing about the 2016 elections and Dems didn't seem to win there.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:03:48 pm »
Is it really surprising?

What exactly have the Pubs done with the majority in the House and Senate.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:27:27 pm »
A whopping 43 House Republicans raised less money than Democratic challengers in the first three months of 2018

Yeah, that's a "whopping" number all right.  Assuming they mean only incumbents, that's like what 16 or 17%.

In related news, nearly 200 Democratic challengers raised less money than their incumbent Republican opponents.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 02:59:30 am »
Rut rho

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:45 pm »
A whopping 43 House Republicans raised less money than Democratic challengers in the first three months of 2018

Yeah, that's a "whopping" number all right.  Assuming they mean only incumbents, that's like what 16 or 17%.

In related news, nearly 200 Democratic challengers raised less money than their incumbent Republican opponents.

I was thinking the same thing. This is a spin piece of the first order. It's from Polutico after all. A wholly owned wing of the Rat party.