Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke turns to…Trump?  (Read 837 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Beto O’Rourke turns to…Trump?
« on: April 22, 2018, 11:48:14 am »
By Jeremy Wallace, Houston Chronicle April 20, 2018

On a college campus, at a meeting hall packed with legions of liberal Democrats whipped up into a frenzy about calls for universal health care and an end to college debt, Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke got more than 1,000 of his faithful supporters to cheer the name “Donald J. Trump.”

Never mind that Trump is sporting an approval rating in the single-digits among Democratic voters.

The Democrat, whom U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is trying to paint as a liberal backed by Hollywood elites, turned Trump into an applause line at Texas Tech University. O’Rourke — as he did in more than a dozen other speaking engagements from Houston to Midland over the last several weeks — talked about Trump signing a bill that included a provision O’Rourke had nurtured and helped turn into law.

But while O’Rourke was using Trump to highlight a legislative success, he also was ringing a bell on the core of the strategy he’ll be employing to go after Cruz, who has a reputation of struggling to get along with both Republicans and Democrats in Congress. In trying to avoid the traditional “liberal” tag Democrats in Texas have often found themselves struggling to keep of them, O’Rourke is out to prove he’s better able to work with all sides in Washington — even other Republicans — than Cruz.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Beto-O-Rourke-turns-to-Trump-12852163.php

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Beto O’Rourke turns to…Trump?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 01:29:13 pm »
The Chron so wants Paddy O'rourke to win this election.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:30:27 pm »
The Chron so wants Paddy O'rourke to win this election.

The comical is on the wrong side of just about any issue you can come up with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:41:41 pm »
Betoff is not only a liberal, he's an ultra leftist. He won't win.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 10:47:17 pm »
                                 Pass that joint, Beto.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 10:54:26 pm »
legions of liberal Democrats whipped up into a frenzy about calls for universal health care and an end to college debt

If he is so into working across the aisle, why is Beatoff stroking his base with Commie bullshit instead of hitting the countryside in red districts trying to swing votes he will need to win?

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »
   Hey Beto don't ever underestimate Canadians who practice American Law.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 02:39:38 pm »
I think it shows how desperate a Lib candidate in Texas is when their best hope is to mention a President of the other political party in a positive way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 07:04:50 pm »
Cruz got more votes in the Republican primary than all the dhimmicrap candidates put together in their primary.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 07:08:58 pm »
I think it shows how desperate a Lib candidate in Texas is when their best hope is to mention a President of the other political party in a positive way.

True.  All the Dems have is crazy people and money.  But they have a lot of both.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.