Author Topic: Barbara Bush: Fake Pearls, Real Heart.. Maureen Dowd  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barbara Bush: Fake Pearls, Real Heart.. Maureen Dowd
« on: April 22, 2018, 01:03:19 am »
Barbara Bush: Fake Pearls, Real Heart

By Maureen Dowd

Opinion Columnist
April 21, 2018

WASHINGTON — Barbara Bush was an expert at throwing shade, even before the term existed.

When Congressman Dan Rostenkowski gave the first lady a shampoo for white hair made in his Illinois district, she tried it on her dog Millie.

“When I shampooed her with it, she became a brown and slightly yellow-haired dog,” she wrote in her memoir. “At this writing, Danny is under fire, accused of financial wrongdoing. We certainly wish him well.”

She took her revenge, chilled, on Nancy Reagan, who never invited the Bushes to the White House residence for dinner in the eight years H.W. was vice president and who instructed Mrs. Bush to stay away from wearing “Nancy red” while she was the second lady. Writing about Nancy and Raisa Gorbachev competing at a wives’ lunch, Mrs. Bush said she wasn’t sure of Raisa’s age: “I don’t know how old, but I think the paper said 53 or 55. That’s funny, for we really don’t know if Nancy Reagan is 65 or 67 and she won’t tell.”

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/21/opinion/sunday/barbara-bush-maureen-dowd.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=5&pgtype=sectionfront
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Barbara Bush: Fake Pearls, Real Heart.. Maureen Dowd
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 01:05:15 am »
Dowd is not Cool.. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:07:48 am »
I was afraid to see what she had to say but I actually enjoyed it...for once Dowd was nice..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 01:12:38 am »
I was afraid to see what she had to say but I actually enjoyed it...for once Dowd was nice..

It was a very nice article, and the family photo that is included is lovely.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra