Author Topic: Melania Trump takes White House staffers who knew Barbara Bush to funeral  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Melania Trump takes White House staffers who knew Barbara Bush to funeral
By Brett Samuels - 04/21/18 02:33 PM EDT

First lady Melania Trump brought two White House staff members who were close to the Bush family as her guests to former first lady Barbara Bush’s funeral on Saturday in Houston.

Trump was accompanied by former White House head maitre d' George Hainey and current White House usher Buddy  Carter, the first lady’s office said.

“She knew they were very close to the Bush family and wanted them to be able to pay their respects,” spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said.

In a statement following the service, Trump praised Bush as “a woman of indisputable character and grace."

“It was my honor to travel to Houston to give my respects to Barbara Bush and the remarkable life she led as a mother, wife, and fearless First Lady,” she said.

The first lady attended Bush’s services in Houston on Saturday, while President Trump watched from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

Former Presidents Obama and Clinton both attended the service, as did their wives. They joined George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush among the former presidents in attendance.

Barbara Bush died Tuesday night at age 92. She had been hospitalized multiple times throughout the past year.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/384278-melania-trump-brings-white-house-staffers-as-guests-to-barbara-bushs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Classy Move. 

Will totally be ignored by the Lames.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."