Author Topic: Driving America Toward Civil War  (Read 1083 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Driving America Toward Civil War
« on: April 21, 2018, 06:30:49 pm »
The analysis provided by John Hawkins at Townhall.com is a sobering read when one understands the truth of what he has outlined.  These 7 issues he says are driving America towards civil war are undeniable and self-evident in today's America.  Just read all the vitriol being expressed at the death of Barbara Bush by so-called Americans.  It is becoming clear that a good chunk of the population cannot peaceably co-exist with the rest for much longer.

Either they will surrender and subjugate themselves to the demands of the rabid Statist, or a segment of the population is going to take the gloves off and fight back because the Compact has been breached and no longer has any trust afforded it to govern justly.   And then it's still game over.

For the sake of brevity Hawkins notes these 7 issues that are driving us to civil war.  We are:

In A Post-Constitutional Era

Have Devolved into Tribalism

Ruled By A Lawless Federal Government That Has Become A Beast

In Moral Decline and Collapse
- we now live in a society that views foundational principles as an abject evil and it will no longer co-exist with those who refuse to surrender them.

In Debt to the Tune of Trillions.

Lack Of A Shared Culture.

Abolition of the Second Amendment/Gun Grabbing Movement.

History teaches that when a society reaches this point as Hawkins notes - it erupts in conflagration and then collapse - with the ruins being led by a despot that the people put all their faith and hopes in making him sole ruler to save them.

It is not just politics alone and the hatred of Trump or the Democrats that has me concerned - there are growing rumblings of a major financial reset about to take place - one that will reshape world economics and everything you own and have.  Inevitable Consequences of the insanity and idiocy this country's oligarchs have wrought with the absolute blessing of the people who kept electing them their rulers to continue the gravy train of subsidized bennies.

A financial reset in itself may prove to be the button that sets off the chain reaction about to engulf us all if the gun grabs and registration schemes alone don't set it off first.  A people living in a cohesive society of shared foundational principles in liberty: no longer exists in this country by and large.  Not even among "Conservatives" as you can read daily right here on this board.  We are already balkanized to the point of fracturing into myriad pieces if not shattering altogether.   The justified lack of trust and faith in our lawless government and corrupted institutions simply makes our coming breakup an inevitability.

7 Forces Driving America Toward Civil War

John Hawkins

I was interviewed by a mainstream media reporter yesterday. I thought he wanted to talk tech issues, but we actually spent almost the entire conversation discussing the feeling that many conservatives have that America has gone off the tracks and is headed toward dissolution or alternately, a civil war one day. Obviously, this would be a terrible thing and ironically, twenty years ago, it would have been laughable. Today, the joke isn’t so funny because we are a deeply unhealthy society with a dysfunctional government and for all our money, success and storied history, we seem to be on an increasingly dangerous trajectory.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

Re: Driving America Toward Civil War
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:44:03 pm »
Thanks, @INVAR, for the truth.  The country will collapse.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:51:01 pm »

I tend to agree.  Reluctantly.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 06:51:48 pm »

Helping others surviving that collapse is what my efforts are more focused on.

People who survive disasters are usually the ones who know what to do when calamity strikes without panicking.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 12:56:40 pm »
John Hawkins

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 7:40 AM

I was interviewed by a mainstream media reporter yesterday. I thought he wanted to talk tech issues, but we actually spent almost the entire conversation discussing the feeling that many conservatives have that America has gone off the tracks and is headed toward dissolution or alternately, a civil war one day. Obviously, this would be a terrible thing and ironically, twenty years ago, it would have been laughable. Today, the joke isn’t so funny because we are a deeply unhealthy society with a dysfunctional government and for all our money, success and storied history, we seem to be on an increasingly dangerous trajectory.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2018/04/21/draft-n2473193

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: 7 Forces Driving America Toward Civil War
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:51:48 pm »
I continue to try to occupy the middle ground between the anti-globalist right and the anti-free enterprise left.  I take pride that I can listen to Both NPR and Rush Limbaugh without my head exploding.  I notice the hatred and viitriol building on the left is growing exponentially as every attempt to disrupt Trump fails.

California will secede before Texas.  That's my prediction.  I would favor letting it leave.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 04:52:20 pm »
I continue to try to occupy the middle ground between the anti-globalist right and the anti-free enterprise left.  I take pride that I can listen to Both NPR and Rush Limbaugh without my head exploding.  I notice the hatred and viitriol building on the left is growing exponentially as every attempt to disrupt Trump fails.

California will secede before Texas.  That's my prediction.  I would favor letting it leave.
I think you should read about the Civil War. The question of unilateral secession was settled at that time. There won't be any secession by California, Texas, or any other state. However, that does not preclude a civil war. Never say never.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 06:05:04 pm »
Helping others surviving that collapse is what my efforts are more focused on. People who survive disasters are usually the ones who know what to do when calamity strikes without panicking.
@INVAR

I am also helping people know what to do when any emergency happens.  Based on the majority of people not preparing for anything, millions will die in an real emergency.  Normalcy bias is a killer.  It was reported to congress this month that Russia has infiltrated our electric grid and water utilities. They can shut us off whenever they want.  I will always have power and good water and food.

We paid for the best "safe place" for Trump and family and other government people underneath a building across the street from the White House.  Plenty of power/water/food and a medical surgeon with operating room there.  You and I are as important as Trump, so I made my own safe place with my own money.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 06:13:26 pm »
I think you should read about the Civil War. The question of unilateral secession was settled at that time. There won't be any secession by California, Texas, or any other state. However, that does not preclude a civil war. Never say never.

You overlook the point that if we have a living Constitution and and are "evolving" as a society, what was decided in the past doesn't matter a whit.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 06:26:25 pm »
Things will proceed along until we box ourselves into an interest rate corner and Washington no longer has the budget to really hold things together. I agree with @massadvj that Cali will be the first to go. I speculate around 10 years or so, give or take.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »
#5 will be the rock falling on the glass house. It will hold together until DC is paying so much to interest on the debt that it can't do much of anything else. Then the bigger wealthy states of blocks of that are feeling froggy will break off. 10 years give or take is my estimate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 07:11:10 pm »
! No longer available

The Doors "The End" 1967
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:26 pm »
#5 will be the rock falling on the glass house. It will hold together until DC is paying so much to interest on the debt that it can't do much of anything else. Then the bigger wealthy states of blocks of that are feeling froggy will break off. 10 years give or take is my estimate.

#5 is the explosive charge that detonates the other 6 fissile fuels into an all-consuming conflagration.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 09:12:47 pm »
You overlook the point that if we have a living Constitution and and are "evolving" as a society, what was decided in the past doesn't matter a whit.
Liberals absolutely do not want to see California leave the union. That would almost totally destroy the Democrat Party as a viable force. Most of the illegal immigrants i.e. potential welfare recipient voters go to California. Also, there would be a lot less liberal federal judges mucking  things up. No Ninth Circus Court of Appeals.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 11:40:07 pm »
I've been posting this over the past couple of weeks, I'll repeat whenever this topic comes up:

Two novels set in the not-too-distant future in which America -has- "broken up" into red and blue nations:
- Indian Country
- People's Republic

Both by Kurt Schlichter.

They can be (cough, choke) "found" in digital form... if you don't mind diggin' ...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:56 am »
Things will proceed along until we box ourselves into an interest rate corner and Washington no longer has the budget to really hold things together. I agree with @massadvj that Cali will be the first to go. I speculate around 10 years or so, give or take.

Pretty close to how I was going to comment.  Also when the $ is abandoned as world reference currency, and is allowed to float vs. its monumental debt.  When the ability to give the 50% of this country its entitlements ends, things will unravel fast.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:01 am »

Offline MOD3

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 03:02:33 am »
Topics merged.