Author Topic: Dick’s Solves Their Gun Problem In An Unusual Fashion (fiduciary responsibility?)  (Read 1410 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Apr. 21, 2018

Last time we checked in with the folks at Dick’s Sporting Goods (and their subsidiary, Field & Stream) they were having something of a gun problem. Bowing to pressure from left-wing groups in the wake of the Florida school shooting, the retailer had announced that they were no longer going to carry so-called “assault weapons” and were raising the minimum age to purchase any firearm to 21. (And they were already getting sued in two states over that last part.)

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/21/dicks-solves-gun-problem-unusual-fashion/

Offline endicom

Has fiduciary responsibility become but a quaint notion? Has upper management no responsibility to good-faith investors or employees?

Offline Frank Cannon

Has fiduciary responsibility become but a quaint notion? Has upper management no responsibility to good-faith investors or employees?

Dickhead's has been circling the drain since before this gun bullshit. Their stock was down almost 50% before anyone ever heard of Scott Israel and Boss Hogg. This gun ban thing is a Hail Mary pass to get them attention and try to get Libs to shop there.

Offline endicom

Dickhead's has been circling the drain since before this gun bullshit. Their stock was down almost 50% before anyone ever heard of Scott Israel and Boss Hogg. This gun ban thing is a Hail Mary pass to get them attention and try to get Libs to shop there.

Most of B&M retail is suffering. Some new retail model is needed to attract people back to the stores. Maybe getting out of the shopping centers would do.

Offline endicom

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:20:14 pm by endicom »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What's funny is bass pro shops goes all in and is growing leaps and bounds.

Americans do vote with their wallet
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

What's funny is bass pro shops goes all in and is growing leaps and bounds.

Americans do vote with their wallet

I see that Bass Pro Shops is privately owned. That should give them more independence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I never liked their stores.  Stuff is over priced.  There online presence is a joke.  They overall just plane suck.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Not duplicate because I placed the emphasis on the fiduciary responsibilities of upper management.

Also three different core stories.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: