Author Topic: Together until the end: Heartbroken George H. W. Bush surprises mourners by sitting next to Barbara'  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Together until the end: Heartbroken George H. W. Bush surprises mourners by sitting next to Barbara's coffin to greet
the thousands who lined up to pay their respects to the former First Lady

Daily Mail/UK, Apr 20, 2018

Former President George H.W. Bush sat next to his wife Barbara Bush's coffin on Friday in Houston, greeting mourners who came to pay their respect to his late wife.

Barbara and George were married for 73-years. She passed away on Tuesday at the age of 92, with her husband by her side.

The former President was not expected to attend Friday's viewing, but took a spur of the moment decision to do so.

'He just said, "I want to go." It was completely spontaneous' an aide for George, told NBC News.

'I think he was very touched by all of the people who were taking the time out of their lives,' family spokesman Jim McGrath said. 

A touching image of the former president showed him sitting in his wheelchair, quietly gazing at his wife's casket.

His daughter Dorothy is seen standing behind him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, also looking towards her mother.

Bush Snr also took the time to speak with some of the mourners as they passed his wife's coffin. A touching photo shows him smiling while chatting with a young girl and her family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5639239/Barbara-Bushs-casket-Houston-church-thousands-mourners-expected-public-viewing.html#ixzz5DJ7f2zzz

Offline LMAO

Even the most macho of men cannot help but be touched by those pictures

It pictures perfectly his dedication.  Thanks for posting those @Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:04:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think the only one surprised was this moron reporter and others like the that just can't understand real LOVE. I feel sorry for people like them. RIP Barbara and may God help ease your pain Mr. Bush.

Offline kevindavis007

I hate to say this but I won't be surprised if Bush Senior passes away soon.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

BassWrangler

Was thinking the same thing.

LIST: Family, dignitaries, VIP guests in Houston today for funeral of Barbara Bush

http://abc13.com/society/vip-guests-program-details-for-mrs-bushs-funeral/3370812/

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

Thank you for assembling and posting all the articles, photos and videos .  I missed the service live, so I really appreciate seeing all of this.  It was a lovely service.

Trying to find the clip of Mrs. Trump, the Obamas amd the Clintons coming into church.  The Obamas looked pizzed that Mrs. Trump was in front and Michelle in particular looked like she would rather be anywhere than at some white woman's funeral.  A really miserable pair, they are.

@Right_in_Virginia

Thank you for assembling and posting all the articles, photos and videos .  I missed the service live, so I really appreciate seeing all of this.  It was a lovely service.

You're welcome @Applewood  .. I missed it live, too.  It was a lovely celebration of Barbara's wonderful life.

Prayers up for GHWB ... the hard part starts now as the crowds leave.   :crying:

Well, at least he didn't reach for his phone to take selfies  ^-^

Offline Applewood

Well, at least he didn't reach for his phone to take selfies  ^-^

LOL.  Really.   *****rollingeyes*****

By the way, the clip I was referring to is here at about 2:43:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMwfx05SUM

The Obamas look very unhappy and it's not because they are in mourning. 

Another funeral where BO is pissing off the Misses ...   :laugh:

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

That woman always looked pizzed.  At least her old man pretended to be sociable.

You would think they would be happy.  These two grifters plundered our tax dollars for 8 years to finance their lavish lifestyle.  Didn't they sock some of their ill-gotten gains away?  Is that why Michele is so mad --no more free money?

Offline Frank Cannon

Online GtHawk

How many asses did the old man grab at this event?
Geeze Frank! What, are you jealous that he's maybe grabbed more asses than you? Lighten up he's been grabbing asses longer than you, but you've got a lot more years and asses ahead of you.

Online berdie

Geeze Frank! What, are you jealous that he's maybe grabbed more asses than you? Lighten up he's been grabbing asses longer than you, but you've got a lot more years and asses ahead of you.

Great response, @GtHawk . I was about to post something much less gracious or humorous.

Online GtHawk

Great response, @GtHawk . I was about to post something much less gracious or humorous.
888high58888

@Right_in_Virginia

That woman always looked pizzed.  At least her old man pretended to be sociable.

You would think they would be happy.  These two grifters plundered our tax dollars for 8 years to finance their lavish lifestyle.  Didn't they sock some of their ill-gotten gains away?  Is that why Michele is so mad --no more free money?

Agree  She's always pizzed.   @Applewood   

And Michelle doesn't need to worry about no more free money.....there are enough fools out there to keep her rolling in it for years.

Offline Night Hides Not

Agree  She's always pizzed.   @Applewood   

And Michelle doesn't need to worry about no more free money.....there are enough fools out there to keep her rolling in it for years.

I think Michelle's destined for The View. She'd be perfect for that bunch of loony, uninformed womyn.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
How many asses did the old man grab at this event?

I'd figure that would make him your hero.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'd figure that would make him your hero.

Well I did vote for him for President and had his bumper sticker on my Delta 88.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I was thinking the same thing.  A lot of couples that have been together as long as they have pass away shortly after the other one dies.

It's almost like they truly couldn't live without the other.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!