Author Topic: MIGRANT CARAVAN ASYLUM SEEKERS BEING 'ILLEGALLY' TURNED AWAY AT BORDER, RIGHTS GROUP SAYS  (Read 835 times)

rangerrebew

MIGRANT CARAVAN ASYLUM SEEKERS BEING 'ILLEGALLY' TURNED AWAY AT BORDER, RIGHTS GROUP SAYS

BY CHANTAL DA SILVA ON 4/20/18 AT 6:15 AM

00:00What Is the Immigrant ‘Caravan' Heading to the U.S.-Mexico Border That Sparked President Trump's Tweetstorm?

As many as 50 Central Americans traveling with a migrant caravan that has drawn the ire of President Donald Trump for weeks have made it to the U.S.-Mexico border after an arduous journey that began in southern Mexico in late March—and they are being turned away, organizers say, calling the move illegal.

"There have already been cases of people being illegally turned away by border officials when trying to request asylum at the U.S. border," a spokesperson for Pueblo Sin Fronteras, an immigrant rights group that organized the event, told Newsweek.

"Others have been processed," the spokesperson said, adding that the organization planned to "document any abuses in [Department of Homeland Security] custody."

http://www.newsweek.com/migrant-cara...ow-what-894321

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 *****rollingeyes*****

They can apply for asylum in Mexico.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:28:17 pm by Sanguine »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What did they expect a laurel and hearty handshake. Or maybe a baby's arm holding an Apple
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online dfwgator

What did they expect a laurel and hearty handshake.

Online dfwgator

What did they expect a laurel and hearty handshake. Or maybe a baby's arm holding an Apple

Nice Tubes reference, too.

Offline WingNot

Nice Tubes reference, too.

Thanks.  That one usually flys over people's heads.   

Online mountaineer

I cannot tell you just how much I am crying for these poor victims of American bigotry,  ir something.   8888crybaby
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Thanks.  That one usually flys over people's heads.   

Yep.  Y'all are oooooold ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline WingNot

Yep.  Y'all are oooooold ;).

Nasty, Just Nasty!   :cool: