Author Topic: Slidell woman used stolen ID to get 6-figure job; faces 10 years in prison  (Read 660 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Slidell woman used stolen ID to get 6-figure job; faces 10 years in prison

By Kim Chatelain  |  4-20-2018

A 41-year-old Slidell woman faces up to 10 years in prison after being convicted of stealing another woman's identity via social media and using fake credentials to obtain a high paying job at the spice company founded by the late entrepreneur Al Copeland.

Cindy T. White, who was found guilty this week by a St. Tammany Parish jury of theft of identity over $1,000, will be sentenced Tuesday (April 24) by Judge Scott Gardner of the 22nd Judicial District, North Shore District Attorney Warren Montgomery's office reported.

During her opening statement in White's trial, Assistant District Attorney Casey Dieck described the credentials that White had listed on her resume, including a bachelor's degree from Tulane University and a master's degree from Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Pointing to the defendant in the courtroom, Dieck said, "That's not this person. This person stole the victim's hard work and used it to get a six-figure salary and benefits to boot," the District Attorney's Office reported in a news release issued Friday.

The crime came to light in April of 2016 when a Diversified Foods employee contacted the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office regarding White, who had provided a resume with fraudulent social security and driver's license numbers to obtain an executive level job. White had been hired in September 2015 as a human resources manager at the company's Covington office at a salary of $95,000 per year. Five months later, she was promoted to senior human resources director and her annual pay was raised to $105,000, the District Attorney's Office reported.

snip

http://www.nola.com/northshore/index.ssf/2018/04/slidell_woman_used_stolen_id_t.html

First they promoted her, BEFORE determing she was not qualified for the work.

Back during my corporate days, I could determine within days if somebody had the stuff for the work.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Let me guess, with out of looking at the link....A person of color?. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Previous conviction too
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She does show a lot of initiative and drive.

Offline Frank Cannon

September 2015 as a human resources manager at the company's Covington office at a salary of $95,000 per year. Five months later, she was promoted to senior human resources director and her annual pay was raised to $105,000, the District Attorney's Office reported.....

.....Between October 9, 2015, and May 6, 2016, White fraudulently collected $56,209 in salary from Diversified Foods.

She was incompetent, yet they promoted her in 5 months?