Author Topic: Sessions warned White House he could quit if Trump fired Rosenstein: report  (Read 1305 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

April 20, 2018 - 06:40 PM EDT
BY MAX GREENWOOD

Attorney General Jeff Sessions warned the White House recently that he could resign if President Trump were to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The Washington Post reported Friday that Sessions told White House counsel Don McGahn in a phone call last weekend that he could leave the Justice Department in the event of Rosenstein's ouster.

The phone call came amid a series of attacks on Rosenstein and special counsel Robert Mueller by Trump, following the FBI raid of the home and office of his personal attorney Michael Cohen.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/384221-sessions-warned-white-house-he-could-quit-if-trump-fired-rosenstein
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:05:41 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Sooo, Trump doesn't want Sessions there anyway, soooo fire Rosenstein and Sessions leaves - both gone as Trump wants.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wray threatened to quit if Trump fired McCabe, and look where that got Trump:  Wray ended up firing McCabe himself, after McCabe wreaked havoc on the agency.  Screw that worthless POS Sessions and do what needs doing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak

Sooo, Trump doesn't want Sessions there anyway, soooo fire Rosenstein and Sessions leaves - both gone as Trump wants.

Two birds, one stone.  If Trump just fired Sessions, who would he end up with as acting AG?  Rosenswine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
So, it shows despite his tweets and bluster, Trump just wants the issue to have a boogeyman.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
April 20, 2018 - 06:40 PM EDT
BY MAX GREENWOOD

Attorney General Jeff Sessions warned the White House recently that he could resign if President Trump were to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The Washington Post reported Friday that Sessions told White House counsel Don McGahn in a phone call last weekend that he could leave the Justice Department in the event of Rosenstein's ouster.

The phone call came amid a series of attacks on Rosenstein and special counsel Robert Mueller by Trump, following the FBI raid of the home and office of his personal attorney Michael Cohen.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/384221-sessions-warned-white-house-he-could-quit-if-trump-fired-rosenstein

Is that a threat or a promise?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
more chaos from the Trump administration. Sigh...

Offline Night Hides Not

more chaos from the Trump administration. Sigh...

That's Trump's modus operandi, the more chaos, the better.

You can do that when your virulent base supports his every move.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's also fruitful when the opposite base hates his every move.  Win-win for the guy, if you ask me...
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No one expects Captain chaos.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

No one?   :laugh:

Where's that Monty Python picture?
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

"Virulent"

virulent vir·u·lent (vēr'yə-lənt, vēr'ə-) adj. Extremely infectious, malignant, or poisonous. Used of a disease or toxin. Capable of causing disease by breaking down protective mechanisms of the host.

Left to Nevertrump devices, we would be spared Trump's idiosyncrasies, but would have Hillary's policies

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

No one?   :laugh:

Where's that Monty Python picture?

I was going for a dom deloise vibe.

Offline jpsb

Is that a threat or a promise?

A good rule of thumb, whenever an employee makes a threat or gives you an ultimatum fire their ass.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was going for a dom deloise vibe.

Dom never failed to make me laugh...
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A good rule of thumb, whenever an employee makes a threat or gives you an ultimatum fire their ass.

:thumbsup:

A point I skirted around upthread.  The result of just ignoring it without sacking the maker of the threat did not work out well for anybody.  (Wray made the same threat concerning McCabe.  The President should have taken him up on it.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

888high58888
On the spot. 

Offline GtHawk

@Wingnut
But we all no him when we see him.

Offline GtHawk

Whenever I had that happen I told the to not let the door hit them on the way out, and that it would hurt me not at all to fire them.

Offline WingNot

@Wingnut
But we all no him when we see him.

:beer:

That's Him!   

Offline libertybele

Whenever I had that happen I told the to not let the door hit them on the way out, and that it would hurt me not at all to fire them.

Pretty much. You don't go whining to your boss that you don't like how things are run and threaten to leave unless you were planning on leaving in the first place; giving it one last ditch effort before you make an exit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.