Author Topic: New Meta-analysis Confirms: No Association between Vaccines and Autism  (Read 854 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In a nutshell, the largest combined study of its kind found that those who were vaccinated had a lower probability of being diagnosed with autism.

Analysis of 10 studies involving more than 1.2 million children reaffirms that vaccines don’t cause autism; MMR shot may actually decrease risk....

...A meta-analysis of ten studies involving more than 1.2 million children reaffirms that vaccines don’t cause autism. If anything, immunization was associated with decreased risk that children would develop autism, a possibility that’s strongest with the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine.....

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/new-meta-analysis-confirms-no-association-between-vaccines-and-autism

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
BUMP

Oceander

Interesting that the correlation is anti-causal. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The anti vaxers won't buy it. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

I don't know if I'm impressed by compiling results from potentially flawed studies that may have been paid for by the vaccine manufacturers.

Offline WingNot

I don't know if I'm impressed by compiling results from potentially flawed studies that may have been paid for by the vaccine manufacturers.

Seriously?   Come on Briefer don't go out wading in the weeds.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Irrelevant as it asks the wrong question.  The right question is "Who gets to decide what healthcare / medical decisions will be made?"

You or an agent of the State?

Offline RoosGirl

Seriously?   Come on Briefer don't go out wading in the weeds.

Yeah, seriously.  I wouldn't call myself an anti-vaxxer, but when I found out that Merck is under investigation for fudging their efficacy numbers on their MMR vaccine I became an agnostic we'll say.  I do have a bit of a problem with all the "new" vaccines they push now too, as opposed to when I was a kid.  Especially with the number of vaccines that they recommend at the same time.  For example, I question the necessity of a Hep B vaccine immediately after birth for most babies.  But, what really sets me on edge is the fairly recent idea that people must be forced to vaccinate.  Anyway, I'm only listing my "cons" on the issue.

Offline WingNot

Yeah, seriously.  I wouldn't call myself an anti-vaxxer, but when I found out that Merck is under investigation for fudging their efficacy numbers on their MMR vaccine I became an agnostic we'll say.  I do have a bit of a problem with all the "new" vaccines they push now too, as opposed to when I was a kid.  Especially with the number of vaccines that they recommend at the same time.  For example, I question the necessity of a Hep B vaccine immediately after birth for most babies.  But, what really sets me on edge is the fairly recent idea that people must be forced to vaccinate.  Anyway, I'm only listing my "cons" on the issue.

BKMK.  For later reply.

Oceander

The anti vaxers won't buy it. 

Of course not.  Why put facts above cherished ideology.