Author Topic: Jail bird, 83, becomes oldest ever US inmate to be executed (mail-bomber killed a Fed. Judge)  (Read 423 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jail bird, 83, becomes oldest ever US inmate to be executed
By James Cox

A PSYCHOPATHIC mail bomber has become the oldest ever prisoner to be executed - aged 83.

AP:Associated Press
Mail-bomber Walter Leroy Moody is the oldest US inmate ever to be executed

He was give lethal injection in Alabama tonight.

Moody sent a deadly mail bomb to a federal judge during a wave of Southern terror in 1989.

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6098674/walter-leroy-moody-jnr-execution-oldest-inmate-letha-injection/

Not your ordinary execution story. Moody also, had a prior conviction on a bomb, so maybe that helped the prosecution.

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
How he managed to stay on DR for 30 years is travesty in its own right.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

How he managed to stay on DR for 30 years is travesty in its own right.
Better late than never. 
 I remember when the moratorium on executions was rescinded in the late seventies (Gary Gilmore), and all the pants wetters in the media said that the homicide rate would skyrocket. Their theory was that killing murderers made  people more violent. Yes, a typical, screwball liberal theory. They also said innocent people would be executed. To date nobody has found an innocent person executed in the U.S.
Actually, the murder rate skyrocketed after they started the moratorium ten years earlier.
In the last forty years since they started executing killers again, the national homicide rate has been halved. Another liberal theory ground into the dust.
An executed murderer doesn't live on to get paroled or escape from prison and kill again. The numbers of innocent people murdered by escaped or paroled killers is in the hundreds or more.  Anti-death penalty people i.e. liberals don't like to release numbers on that. You have to hunt for them.