Author Topic: Trump complains Comey can ‘leak and lie’ while Flynn was ‘totally destroyed’  (Read 1206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump complains Comey can ‘leak and lie’ while Flynn was ‘totally destroyed’
By Alicia Cohn - 04/20/18 06:46 AM EDT

President Trump on Friday morning complained that the success of “Shadey James Comey’s” new book is not “really the way life in America is supposed to work.”

Trump said in comparison to the former FBI director, former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s life was “totally destroyed,” implying that both men leaked and lied and only one has gotten away with it.

“So General Michael Flynn’s life can be totally destroyed while Shadey James Comey can Leak and Lie and make lots of money from a third rate book (that should never have been written),” he tweeted. “Is that really the way life in America is supposed to work? I don’t think so!”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/384084-trump-complains-comey-can-leak-and-lie-while-flynn-was-totally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Sez the guy who made a tidy profit on a phony-baloney "reality" tv show. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Seems like a completely legitimate complaint to me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Sez the guy who made a tidy profit on a phony-baloney "reality" tv show.

Says the guy what would cheer the nation burning if it made Trump look bad.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Flynn is worth about $7M, receives a nice retirement sum, and is free to write his own third rate book after he's inevitably pardoned by Trump.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

Good point about Flynn. The threat of impoverishment and/or imprisonment for a contrived legal infraction would probably make most people compliant with the threat maker's wishes.

Offline Applewood

Says the guy what would cheer the nation burning if it made Trump look bad.

What guy?

Offline Concerned

I'm sure the Trump Administration will correct this type of "injustice" just as soon as he is allowed to appoint his own Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, and FBI Director..............oh wait.   *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

Flynn is worth about $7M, receives a nice retirement sum, and is free to write his own third rate book after he's inevitably pardoned by Trump.

@edpc
So because he has some money and a retirement that he earned, its ok?   Perhaps all rich people should be punished.  I mean they probably broke some law getting rich, right?

Offline edpc

Good point about Flynn. The threat of impoverishment and/or imprisonment for a contrived legal infraction would probably make most people compliant with the threat maker's wishes.

Contrived how?  He was fired from his position by the president because he lied to Pence about his contacts with Russians, but somehow we find it doubtful or some kind of unimportant process crime when he lied (again) to an investigator.

Trump is being a bit disingenuous here.  He's saying Comey should be in jail for the same things, when he specifically asked previously if Comey could 'let it go' with Flynn.  Had the Flynn inquiry been dropped, do you thing Comey would still be FBI Director?  Of course not.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:04:17 pm by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

Contrived how?  He was fired from his position by the president because he lied to Pence about his contacts with Russians, but somehow we find it doubtful or some kind of unimportant process crime when he lied (again) to an investigator.

Trump is being a bit disingenuous here.  He's saying Comey should be in jail for the same things, when he specifically asked previously if Comey could 'let it go' with Flynn.  Had the Flynn inquiry been dropped, do you thing Comey would still be FBI Director?  Of course not.

He was fired because of politics.  The "lies" were setups and unjust.  How well do you remember the details of a call made 2 years ago?   

Offline endicom

The agents didn't pose as investigators and reported no intent to deceive.

Offline edpc

@edpc
So because he has some money and a retirement that he earned, its ok?   Perhaps all rich people should be punished.  I mean they probably broke some law getting rich, right?

The point is, Flynn's life is not 'destroyed' nor is he on his way to the bread line because he's selling his Alexandria home.  Nobody made him lie to get fired nor did they 'trick' him into doing it again to an investigator.  Flynn was fired twice, by consecutive presidents with different political affiliations and ideologies.  That alone 'ruined' him.

Offline Rivergirl

From the wayback machine.    Flynn was dismissed by Obama for illegally passing classified information.
No surprise that Trump would hire him but to ignore the facts is pathetic.   What has happened to some of us who choose their own alternate reality.

Offline driftdiver

From the wayback machine.    Flynn was dismissed by Obama for illegally passing classified information.
No surprise that Trump would hire him but to ignore the facts is pathetic.   What has happened to some of us who choose their own alternate reality.

What was done to Flynn was wrong.   So called conservatives are ok with what was done because they don't like Flynn.

Our FBI and other 3 letter agencies are corrupt and Flynn is just one symptom of that corruption.   That is not ok.

Offline edpc

He was fired because of politics.  The "lies" were setups and unjust.  How well do you remember the details of a call made 2 years ago?

He knew to whom he was speaking.  As far as my recollection would go on a two year conversation, it would depend on the substance and with whom.  I'll bet you can recall certain situations/conversations older than that in great detail. 

The agents didn't pose as investigators and reported no intent to deceive.

Flynn was aware of to whom he was speaking.  It's funny how this is being portrayed as a casual, offhand conversation to someone who happened to be an agent.  Meanwhile, everyone is falling all over themselves to classify Hannity's casual 'real estate' conversations as sacrosanct privilege, because he was talking to a known attorney.

Offline endicom

Meanwhile, everyone is falling all over themselves to classify Hannity's casual 'real estate' conversations as sacrosanct privilege, because he was talking to a known attorney.

I haven't seen that. Hannity was apparently never a client of Cohen but did seek some offhand advice from Cohen.

Offline edpc

I haven't seen that. Hannity was apparently never a client of Cohen but did seek some offhand advice from Cohen.

It’s been discussed since the story broke.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,312397.0.html

I don’t want to stray too far off the main topic.  My point is -  I think it’s impossible to have conversations with people, working a known profession and have different expectations of the implications, despite the non-formal setting.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:00:59 pm by edpc »

Offline endicom

It’s been discussed since the story broke.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,312397.0.html

I don’t want to stray too far off the main topic.  My point is -  I think it’s impossible to have conversations with people, working a known profession and have different expectations of the implications, despite the non-formal setting.

That doesn't explain your florid "sacrosanct privilege" comment. If the conversations were privileged then they were.

Offline edpc

That doesn't explain your florid "sacrosanct privilege" comment. If the conversations were privileged then they were.

It’s no more florid than the ‘Flynn was tricked’ narrative used on discussion sites like this, opinion blogs, and conservative outlets.

Offline Rivergirl

Love that comment that conservative don't like Flynn.
Who ever even heard of the guy before the recent election season.  His son was the one who promoted the pizzagate story.  A man with a rifle was coming to kill the owner of that pizzeria on the basis of that lie.
There is opposition research but then there are blatant lies     If you want to equate the two.........feel free.