Author Topic: New book: Clinton said on election night ‘They were never going to let me be president’  (Read 624 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New book: Clinton said on election night ‘They were never going to let me be president’
By John Bowden - 04/20/18 08:32 AM EDT

Former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton accepted her defeat on election night by saying that "they" were "never" going to elect her president, according to a new book by a New York Times reporter.

"I knew it. I knew this would happen to me," Clinton reportedly said, according to excerpts from a new book published in The Daily Beast. "They were never going to let me be president."

In "Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling," New York Times reporter and author Amy Chozick also details Clinton's reaction to the furor over her "basket of deplorables" remark, which infuriated Donald Trump supporters during the campaign after she used the term to refer to them.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/384101-new-book-clinton-said-on-election-night-they-were-never-going-to-let-me-be
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"They were never going to let me be president"

Cankles, "they" did everything they could to drag your fata$$ across the finish line despite all your crimes.  :rolling:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

And they wonder why Trump won.

Offline Frank Cannon

"They" being normal Americans.....

"Hillary always broke down Trump supporters into three baskets,” Chozick wrote. “The Deplorables always got a laugh, over living-room chats in the Hamptons, at dinner parties under the stars on Martha’s Vineyard, over passed hors d’oeuvres in Beverly Hills, and during sunset cocktails in Silicon Valley."

Offline Millee

I would like to buy "they" a drink!  :beer:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Tell me, folks...

You may like Mr. Trump (I do, as do some others here), or...
... you may hate his guts (and there are some folks here who do, even if they won't admit it).

BUT... the one thing we cannot take away from him is that he prevented this woman from becoming president. I would like to add, "forever", but... one never knows.

Isn't that alone enough reason to give credit and thanks to his presidency?