Author Topic: Can weather cause headaches?  (Read 586 times)

rangerrebew

Can weather cause headaches?
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:58:04 am »
09:04 16/01/2017

According to two studies, published in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine and in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health respectively, headaches increase with higher temperatures, lower humidity and higher levels of fine particulate air pollution.

In the first study, patients who were admitted to the ER due to a migraine were monitored in terms of the weather conditions at the time of their admission. In the 3 491 patients included in the study a statistically significant correlation was found between the number of  patients admitted and the daily maximum temperatures, mean temperatures, minimum temperatures and daily temperature changes.

The study also found that more patients presented with headaches and migraines when the humidity was low.

https://m.health24.com/Medical/Headache-and-migraine/About-headache/can-weather-cause-headaches-20170113

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Can weather cause headaches?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 10:01:27 am »

Not sure about headaches, but I sure notice at my age my more arthritic pain when the barometer gets real high or low.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.