Author Topic: Fox News: Russia, Syria worked to 'sanitize,' 'remove incriminating evidence' from chemical attack s  (Read 627 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Russia, Syria worked to 'sanitize,' 'remove incriminating evidence' from chemical attack site, US says

The State Department announced Thursday that it has “credible information” that Russian officials are working with the Syrian government to delay a U.S. investigation into chemical attack sites in order to “sanitize” and “remove incriminating evidence.”

Spokeswoman Heather Nauert confirmed that officials from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) have yet to be allowed into Douma to inspect the area where they say a poison gas attack hit on April 7.

“We can confirm that the OPCW team has still not been able to enter Douma in Syria. It is now 12 days since the attack took place on men, women and children and those innocent civilians in Syria.”

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/19/russia-syria-worked-to-sanitize-remove-incriminating-evidence-from-chemical-attack-site-us-says.html

In this day and age, yes, I guess, satellite imagery and surveillance might help them see this.

Offline DB

This still doesn't make any sense, at least with the information that anyone has presented so far.

Gassing some civilians wouldn't seem to have any upside for Syria so why would they do it?

It doesn't have have any obvious strategic benefit but a whole lot of downside.

I'd really like to believe our government isn't blatantly lying to us about this but they clearly lie about so much other stuff I guess this wouldn't be that big a stretch.

Offline Stevensr123

This still doesn't make any sense, at least with the information that anyone has presented so far.

Gassing some civilians wouldn't seem to have any upside for Syria so why would they do it?

It doesn't have have any obvious strategic benefit but a whole lot of downside.

I'd really like to believe our government isn't blatantly lying to us about this but they clearly lie about so much other stuff I guess this wouldn't be that big a stretch.
There is no downside if you don't really give a crap.

I don't get this mentality where people believe the angels that are assad and putin.

The fact Russia wouldn't allow UN inspectors in to investigate  "because of a visa issue" should say it all, along with all the people shown in video and pictures clearly effected by a chemical substance.

I think they 100% did it, HOWEVER I'm hoping we (UK) Stay the **** away from this war, Assad and Russia have already Won, we should have stayed away from it at the start.

It disappoints me that trump was the one leading the attack as well, considering  he has said loads of times in the past you guys should stay out of the middle east.

Offline DB

There is no downside if you don't really give a crap.

I don't get this mentality where people believe the angels that are assad and putin.

The fact Russia wouldn't allow UN inspectors in to investigate  "because of a visa issue" should say it all, along with all the people shown in video and pictures clearly effected by a chemical substance.

I think they 100% did it, HOWEVER I'm hoping we (UK) Stay the **** away from this war, Assad and Russia have already Won, we should have stayed away from it at the start.

It disappoints me that trump was the one leading the attack as well, considering  he has said loads of times in the past you guys should stay out of the middle east.

Russia has won no PR points internationally by all this.

Regarding "angles" I believe Putin and Assad are very evil dictators that will stop at nothing to retain their power. That should be self evident to everyone.