Author Topic: Two Gilchrist County deputies killed in shooting through restaurant window, authorities say  (Read 627 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Authorities say someone fired through the window of a restaurant and fatally shot two Florida deputies Thursday afternoon.

The Alachua County Sheriff's Office released a statement on behalf of the sheriff in neighboring Gilchrist County saying the two Gilchrist County sheriff's deputies were killed in Trenton.

The deputies were at the Ace China restaurant when the shooter walked up to the building and fired at them through a window. Fellow deputies responding to the scene found the shooter dead outside the business.

The release doesn't say how the suspect died. Authorities say there's no apparent motive for the shooting.

Continued - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-florida-deputies-killed-gilchrist-county-20180419-story.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's horrible, @RoosGirl.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mountaineer

Sickening.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

Stupid me thinking that small towns like this are safe from this kind of nonsense.

Offline endicom

Stupid me thinking that small towns like this are safe from this kind of nonsense.

One murder in an area with a thousand people is equivalent to a thousand murders in an area with a million people. That can make a small town seem safer than it is.

Offline ConstitutionRose

“What do you expect to happen when you demonize law enforcement to the extent of that it’s been demonized?” he said.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.