Author Topic: The Atlantic: Trump Wouldn’t Have Won Without The FBI’s Help  (Read 765 times)

rangerrebew

The Atlantic: Trump Wouldn’t Have Won Without The FBI’s Help
by Brian McNicoll on April 18, 2018

Hillary Clinton, the best-funded, most-prepared, most media-supported candidate in U.S. presidential political history, lost because the FBI had it in for her, according to a new story in The Atlantic.

This is the same FBI whose agents texted each other regularly about their hatred of then-candidate Donald Trump, who talked of “insurance policies” and working with people all over the world to bring him down, who closed an investigation into whether Hillary Clinton violated numerous federal laws with her homebrew server before even interviewing her, whose former director just admitted in a book that he told President Obama he dreaded having to go to work for Trump after Trump defeated Clinton to claim the presidency.

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/the-atlantic-trump-wouldnt-have-won-without-the-fbis-help/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AccuracyInMedia+%28Accuracy+In+Media%29

rangerrebew

:bsflag:  8bs8  :wtf:  :3:

Offline The_Reader_David

It is a historical curiosity that we will never be able to discern, but the handling of the FBI investigation of Clinton did reinforce the notion that there was one set of rules for career politicians (or maybe for Democrat politicians) and another for the rest of us.  How many percentage points that impression shifted from Clinton to Trump, or got to turn out for Trump, who would have otherwise stayed home, and whether it mattered in any states where the vote was close, we will never know.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Man what a load.  Trump won  because Clinton had all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.    It also didn't help that she makes enemies as naturally as soap makes suds.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online LMAO

Despite the polls at the time, it's a possibility that Clinton was destined to lose after she got the nomination. Outside the beltway, she doesn't have the ability to relate to people and the likability factor like Bill did. She represented everything people despised about the DC elite
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
With help like that....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Man what a load.  Trump won  because Clinton had all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.    It also didn't help that she makes enemies as naturally as soap makes suds.
I suppose Donaldus Minimus has the voice of William Conrad, the breeding of a thoroughbred (he's a horse's ass but that doesn't count ;) ), and the manner of a gentleman's gentleman?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I suppose Donaldus Minimus has the voice of William Conrad, the breeding of a thoroughbred (he's a horse's ass but that doesn't count ;) ), and the manner of a gentleman's gentleman?

Irrelevant. 

Donald Trump had the guts, the force of will and the message to punch through the democrat blue firewall. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The American public hated both, it's just that people in the swing states hated Hillary more, and they were too chicken to coalesce around any third-party candidate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Democrats abandoned their traditional support of the working class in favor of identity politics.  Trump discerned an opportunity to appeal to the frustrations of those so abandoned.   That is why he won.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
And he was able to pick up that working class support while losing relatively little of the Republican base, notwithstanding its widespread revulsion.  And THAT was the fault of Hillary Clinton.  Republican after Republican I know held his or her nose on Election Day to vote for Trump - because they despised the utterly amoral Clintons.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EasyAce

The American public hated both, it's just that people in the swing states hated Hillary more, and they were too chicken to coalesce around any third-party candidate.
The third party candidates were no bowl of rice pops, either. (I'm still amazed that the Libertarian Party ran a guy who sounded if anything
more like a classic Rockefeller Republican than a genuine libertarian.) And Hilarious Rodent Clinton shot herself in the foot by not campaigning
one lick until the last minute in any of the three most critical swing states where she'd previously been thought a lock. Even when you're
thought to be a lock in some region, you've got to go there and be seen and heard and do some talking when you're being given the kind
of battle she was handed.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The third party candidates were no bowl of rice pops, either. (I'm still amazed that the Libertarian Party ran a guy who sounded if

That Jill Stein train wreck was a hoot!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline EasyAce

And he was able to pick up that working class support while losing relatively little of the Republican base, notwithstanding its widespread revulsion.  And THAT was the fault of Hillary Clinton.  Republican after Republican I know held his or her nose on Election Day to vote for Trump - because they despised the utterly amoral Clintons.
I despised the utterly amoral both Hilarious and Donaldus, and no third party candidate appealed to me as anything much more than a
sideshow. (Like Wingnut said, Jill Stein was a hoot---if you like that sort of thing. And I mentioned Gary Johnson, though not by name, earlier.)
So I voted the way I'm entitled to vote in my state: "None of These Candidates." And slept like a baby that night knowing I'd cast the only
genuinely moral vote I could possibly cast, without the option of a write-in vote which my state doesn't have.