Author Topic: Few Praise Comey’s Tenure at FBI; More Want Him Prosecuted  (Read 1416 times)

rangerrebew

Few Praise Comey’s Tenure at FBI; More Want Him Prosecuted

Former FBI Director James Comey has taken to print and the airwaves to angrily denounce President Trump, the man who fired him last year. But voters don’t rate Comey’s FBI performance too highly, and more think he should be legally punished for leaking to the media.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that just 14% of Likely U.S. Voters believe that Comey was a better FBI director than most of those who held the job before him. Thirty-eight percent (38%) say he did a worse job this his predecessors, while nearly as many (35%) rate his job performance as about the same as theirs. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2018/few_praise_comey_s_tenure_at_fbi_more_want_him_prosecuted

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Few Praise Comey’s Tenure at FBI; More Want Him Prosecuted
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:38:02 pm »
Well here's a feel good title.   ^-^

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:36:37 pm »
Well here's a feel good title.   ^-^

Unfortunately, the breakdown of the data suggests that 62% of voters are still pathetic ignoramuses.  I'll bet the MSM is proud of this.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 11:39:36 pm »
Read the reviews of his book on Amazon.  Verified purchases.    There is a concerted effort to discredit this man and the entire FBI.   The people who have read the book have an excellent opinion of Comey.
In the interest of full disclosure, I read the book.   This man will stand tall when all the truth is revealed.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »
Unfortunately, the breakdown of the data suggests that 62% of voters are still pathetic ignoramuses.  I'll bet the MSM is proud of this.
   online surveys.......kind of like the surveys on Drudge are hardly to be considered relevant.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:08:44 am »
Read the reviews of his book on Amazon.  Verified purchases.    There is a concerted effort to discredit this man and the entire FBI.   The people who have read the book have an excellent opinion of Comey.
In the interest of full disclosure, I read the book.   This man will stand tall when all the truth is revealed.

I submit that the FBI is rife with corruption.  I assume that the FBI gets quite a bit cleaner when you get down to the local Special Agents (except in a few offices, such as Las Vegas), but the organization is extremely corrupt at the top.  This is not a new problem, but it actually got worse under Mueller and Comey.  I predict that when the truth comes out, Comey will stand 6'8" in an orange jumpsuit for about 20 years.

Wait and see.  (In the interest of full disclosure, I did not read the book.  I know more about what the DOJ's OIG has written--which seems to include many unanswerably serious charges against the overgrown choirboy.)   

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 12:37:19 am »
I submit that the FBI is rife with corruption.  I assume that the FBI gets quite a bit cleaner when you get down to the local Special Agents (except in a few offices, such as Las Vegas), but the organization is extremely corrupt at the top.  This is not a new problem, but it actually got worse under Mueller and Comey.  I predict that when the truth comes out, Comey will stand 6'8" in an orange jumpsuit for about 20 years.

Wait and see.  (In the interest of full disclosure, I did not read the book.  I know more about what the DOJ's OIG has written--which seems to include many unanswerably serious charges against the overgrown choirboy.)   
   Feel free to submit your opinion on any topic at all.   It's still America after all.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 02:06:59 am »

Wow.  You have reduced me to speechlessness. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 03:18:37 am »

LOL. Do you keep your copy of Comey's book next to these on the shelf?

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 04:42:42 am »

What?

Comey is corrupt. FBI directors do not decide who to or not to prosecute. The FBI's job is to gather evidence and present it to the DOJ so they can decide what laws were broken if any. Comey decided he was both prosecutor and investigator whenever Hillary was the subject of his investigations. That was a major violation of procedure and was not ethical, all to bury Hillary's criminality.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 02:10:38 pm »
Just dumb enough to want to read the man's story from his own perspective.    He has been in law enforcement for decades.   The mafia takedown, the Khobar Towers bomber, Marc Rich, Martha Stewart, and lots of cases we never heard about.  Along the way he stood by the same principles in every case.  Big people and little people, facing the same standard of justice.
If you all decide after reading the book, (free at the library) you can make your own decision about his judicial philosophy.   Insulting me and my principles is laughable but typical.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 02:30:38 pm »
Just dumb enough to want to read the man's story from his own perspective.    He has been in law enforcement for decades.   The mafia takedown, the Khobar Towers bomber, Marc Rich, Martha Stewart, and lots of cases we never heard about.  Along the way he stood by the same principles in every case.  Big people and little people, facing the same standard of justice.
If you all decide after reading the book, (free at the library) you can make your own decision about his judicial philosophy.   Insulting me and my principles is laughable but typical.

HE WROTE THE BOOK!  Of course he comes off as heroic in his own book!  Are you serious?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »

@Rivergirl

DiGenova: Comey "The Dirtiest Cop In America," Destroyed FBI's Reputation

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 02:50:38 pm »

Martha Stewart didn't do a damn thing wrong, neither did Gen Flynn, neither did Scooter Libby. Comey is nothing more than a Clinton cleaner.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 03:03:39 pm »
@Rivergirl

Thanks for your post.  My copy of "A Higher Loyalty" came yesterday just before I had to leave to go to eye appointment for six month's checkup.  I read to page 15, then left for eye place and took the book to read at eye place.  So, I got to page 17, then, they call me and dilated my eyes and made me keep my eyes closed.  Then, get out of there with dilated eyes. We went somewhere and couldn't read the book there.  Got back kind of late at night, so I still haven't read more than 17 pages.  In those pages, read about his trauma due to bad guy with gun invading the house when he was 16.

In that 17 pages, read about his college majors, started premed, then changed, majored in law and religion.  He knows the Bible better than the national person who said, "Three Corinthians".  When I am teaching my church Bible class, every time we come to a book with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, in the title, the class calls them one, two, three because of that national person using "three".

A review of Comey's professional life before he was FBI director shows his professional commitment to justice throughout his career.

I'm reading that book today as eyes are back to normal.  Will send you PMs as I read it.  If people wanted to know the truth, they would read this book.

Oh, and the eye doc saw the book I had and started talking about Comey; she had seen the first interview on TV after book came out.  I told her to read it to know the truth.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:10:54 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 03:13:33 pm »
Comey is as political as they come; he wasn’t serving justice in this whole democrat excuse of Trump Russia collusion when he withheld Steele dossier evidence from the president while using that same phony evidence as the basis to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

And as proof of his political nature, Hillary is walking free and top level FBI worked to undo the election of someone the political class didn’t want to see in office.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 03:17:14 pm »
What?

Comey is corrupt. FBI directors do not decide who to or not to prosecute. The FBI's job is to gather evidence and present it to the DOJ so they can decide what laws were broken if any. Comey decided he was both prosecutor and investigator whenever Hillary was the subject of his investigations. That was a major violation of procedure and was not ethical, all to bury Hillary's criminality.

Well said! Comey is despicable. His constant hand-wringing and whiny justifications-all to make HIM the story- are sickening. Since when do unelected bureaucrats insert themselves into the public this way- since Comey. 9999hair out0000
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 04:06:54 pm »
This guy is worse than J Edna Hoover
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 04:13:27 pm »
Just dumb enough to want to read the man's story from his own perspective.   

Yeah, because autobiographies are packed full of truth and are not used to spin shit that looks bad....

Autobiographies are the most respectable form of lying.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 04:18:55 pm »

How did you determine the "Truth?"

The version  of the democrats, the FBI, the Russians, the mainstream media?

Was it okay with you, that Comey "leaked" to his friend?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 04:59:38 pm »
All the cases mentioned by Comey in his book.  The mob, Khobar Towers, Marc Rich, Martha Stewart are in the public domain.  The one thing that surprised me the most was that Scooter Libby was one of Marc Rich's lawyers. 
Anyone wanting to rewrite history, feel free.  But for anyone to take deGenova's opinion on Comey is laughable.  Are we taking Hannity's opinion?  Gingrich?   as the gospel.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2018, 05:08:27 pm »
Anyone wanting to rewrite history, feel free.  But for anyone to take deGenova's opinion on Comey is laughable.  Are we taking Hannity's opinion?  Gingrich?   as the gospel.

You are taking the word of a proven liar as the gospel. Comey lied to congress and admitted to criminality in his book with leaking.

BTW did Comey go into his episode in Ashcrofts hospital room when he arbitrarily tried to circumnavigate law because he felt like it?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 05:13:51 pm »
All the cases mentioned by Comey in his book.  The mob, Khobar Towers, Marc Rich, Martha Stewart are in the public domain.  The one thing that surprised me the most was that Scooter Libby was one of Marc Rich's lawyers. 

OK, first of all, listing a number of events/people that Comey lived through tells us nothing.  Guess what?  I did too.  Probably you did too. And, no one has suggested Hannity's or Gingrich's opinions.  Where did you get that impression?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 05:19:57 pm »
OK, first of all, listing a number of events/people that Comey lived through tells us nothing.  Guess what?  I did too. 

So you are admitting you were behind Milli Vanilli?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »
So you are admitting you were behind Milli Vanilli?

Of course it was me. I loved those guys.