Author Topic: Ted Cruz wrote Trump's blurb for the Time Top 100 Influential People of 2018 list  (Read 1755 times)

Online corbe

Ted Cruz wrote Trump's blurb for the Time Top 100 Influential People of 2018 list

by Katelyn Caralle

April 19, 2018 09:47 AM

The man who was once a rival of Trump in the primary run for 2016 Republican presidential candidate wrote a glowing summary of why Trump deserves to be on the list of most influential people of 2018.

Sen Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said in a blurb published Thursday alongside President Trump’s Time 100 list of most influential people page that his ability to distress the media and political world is “not a bug but a feature.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-wrote-trumps-blurb-for-the-time-top-100-influential-people-of-2018-list
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
From the original blurb:
President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo. That scares the heck out of those who have controlled Washington for decades, but for millions of Americans, their confusion is great fun to watch.
I can't say I disagree with this assessment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Cruz said a lot of what Trump has achieved, was able to be done because he is a “flash-bang grenade thrown into Washington” that has disoriented coastal elites, the media, celebrities, and the whole political establishment.

“President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo,” Cruz said in his blurb. “That scares the heck out of those who have controlled Washington for decades, but for millions of Americans, their confusion is great fun to watch.”

None of that is a "glowing summary", merely a statement of fact.  At least here, Cruz does not wave the pompoms or even endorse the activity.  Nor does he renounce the characteristics of Trump's.  Just states the facts and does appear to enjoy the results.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

None of that is a "glowing summary", merely a statement of fact.  At least here, Cruz does not wave the pompoms or even endorse the activity.  Nor does he renounce the characteristics of Trump's.  Just states the facts and does appear to enjoy the results.

Read it again ... if this summary had been any more glowing ... it would be on fire.    :laugh:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Read it again ... if this summary had been any more glowing ... it would be on fire.    :laugh:

LOL. 

Offline thackney

President Trump is a flash-bang grenade thrown into Washington by the forgotten men and women of America. The fact that his first year as Commander in Chief disoriented and distressed members of the media and political establishment is not a bug but a feature.

The same cultural safe spaces that blinkered coastal elites to candidate Trump’s popularity have rendered them blind to President Trump’s achievements on behalf of ordinary Americans. While pundits obsessed over tweets, he worked with Congress to cut taxes for struggling families. While wealthy celebrities announced that they would flee the country, he fought to bring back jobs and industries to our shores. While talking heads predicted Armageddon, President Trump’s strong stand against North Korea put Kim Jong Un back on his heels.

President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo. That scares the heck out of those who have controlled Washington for decades, but for millions of Americans, their confusion is great fun to watch.

- - - - - - - -

He wrote a brief about President Trump that spent most the words trashing the elites.  There is actually not a single word used to describe Trump, it only lists several of his actions.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Rivergirl

What scares me is the fact that people think Trump has a single redeeming quality.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Maybe in Trumpese, but not in English.

At least we've moved on from the Lyin' Ted phase.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What scares me is the fact that people think Trump has a single redeeming quality.

I don't particularly care for Trump, but the fact that you can't seen any positive qualities in him is pretty disturbing.

Offline Rivergirl

I don't particularly care for Trump, but the fact that you can't seen any positive qualities in him is pretty disturbing.
   Goodness, hope you find a safe space.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   Goodness, hope you find a safe space.

I'm sure that's a remarkably witty rejoinder, but it makes no sense.  Perhaps you can explain what you were trying to say?

Offline DB

What do you see as Trump's redeeming qualities?

I'm hard pressed to think of any. But I'm tired...

For me, once a person has proven themselves a blatant liar and who's loyalties turn on a dime their foundation as a person is destroyed. That doesn't mean they are without hope, but hope for them only begins when they recognize they have a problem and they set course to do something about it. Trump is totally absent of that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What do you see as Trump's redeeming qualities?

I'm hard pressed to think of any. But I'm tired...

For me, once a person has proven themselves a blatant liar and who's loyalties turn on a dime their foundation as a person is destroyed. That doesn't mean they are without hope, but hope for them only begins when they recognize they have a problem and they set course to do something about it. Trump is totally absent of that.

As I've stated before, Trump is rude, crude and boorish.  He also says what's on his mind and doesn't leave you wondering.  His knowledge of conservatism is limited, but he does seem to be learning.  He has made more of an attempt to honor his campaign promises that most "honest" politicians (I know, cognitive dissonance) would ever even consider.  He is very pro-American and most of his moves seem designed to protect American interests, even if you or I consider them the wrong move, at least he does something.  That is very un-Paul-Ryanish or Mitch-McConnellish.  As I've also stated before, I think he's the right man for the times - rude, crude and boorish times.  Would I want to have a beer with him, have him babysit my children, etc?  No, but I don't have to like him personally. 

And, I'll give you he is a very different sort than you or I.  Those "New York values".  Handshakes don't do it in NYC, I'm guessing.  You must get farther with a shark reputation than a that of being an upstanding person. 

And, I'm really, really tired of hearing about his past indiscretions.  Yeah, he did some bad stuff, and, again, I wouldn't trust him to be my babysitter or money manager.  Luckily, that's not on the table. 

Having put this in writing, I guess what bugs me most about this interminable argument is that NTs are mostly concerned with his past, and unwilling to see any good actions, just like the reverse: the ETs who could never ever admit that he could do any wrong. 

Offline DB

As I've stated before, Trump is rude, crude and boorish.  He also says what's on his mind and doesn't leave you wondering.  His knowledge of conservatism is limited, but he does seem to be learning.  He has made more of an attempt to honor his campaign promises that most "honest" politicians (I know, cognitive dissonance) would ever even consider.  He is very pro-American and most of his moves seem designed to protect American interests, even if you or I consider them the wrong move, at least he does something.  That is very un-Paul-Ryanish or Mitch-McConnellish.  As I've also stated before, I think he's the right man for the times - rude, crude and boorish times.  Would I want to have a beer with him, have him babysit my children, etc?  No, but I don't have to like him personally. 

And, I'll give you he is a very different sort than you or I.  Those "New York values".  Handshakes don't do it in NYC, I'm guessing.  You must get farther with a shark reputation than a that of being an upstanding person. 

And, I'm really, really tired of hearing about his past indiscretions.  Yeah, he did some bad stuff, and, again, I wouldn't trust him to be my babysitter or money manager.  Luckily, that's not on the table. 

Having put this in writing, I guess what bugs me most about this interminable argument is that NTs are mostly concerned with his past, and unwilling to see any good actions, just like the reverse: the ETs who could never ever admit that he could do any wrong.

The problem with his past is it is a good predictor of the future. That's why it matters. Just the last budget he signed will do more long term damage than any long term good he's likely to do.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The problem with his past is it is a good predictor of the future. That's why it matters. Just the last budget he signed will do more long term damage than any long term good he's likely to do.

Of course it is and that's why many of us were adamantly opposed to his being our candidate.  But, you know what  - he not only became the candidate but got elected.  So, that's what we have to deal with now.

And, I do agree the last budget, passed by both houses and signed by Trump is an abomination.