Author Topic: Not a joke: Fortune names David Hogg and cohorts the world's greatest leaders of 2018  (Read 583 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/not_a_joke_fortune_names_david_hogg_and_cohorts_the_worlds_greatest_leaders_of_2018.html

by Monica Showalter

It has a whiff of classic fake news: David Hogg and all his foul-mouthed little high school buddies who made headlines and raked cash from their calls for gun control in the wake of the Parkland shooting have been elevated to the number-one spot in Fortune magazine's annual list of the World's 50 Greatest Leaders.

Mike Allen at Axios got a sneak peek of the upcoming issue and reported it in his Vitals column this morning:

FORTUNE editor-in-chief Clifton Leaf: "If 2018 becomes the year that the United States finally begins to tackle its disease of gun violence ... it will be due not to the good sense of elected officials, but rather to the courage, tenacity, and sheer eloquence of students."

From the magazine's annual list of the World's 50 Greatest Leaders:

The students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas and other schools

Bill and Melinda Gates, cofounders, The Gates Foundation

The #MeToo Movement

South Korea President Moon Jae-in

Ken Frazier, Merck CEO

Seriously?  Of all the world leaders on the global stage, they went for one famous for his petulance, immaturity, and string of losing causes?  Hogg and his buddies certainly knew how to make headlines for their gun control cause in the wake of the Parkland shooting, but cripes, this is a guy whose brand of "leadership" is to refuse to accept a  gracious apology from radio host Laura Ingraham and instead called for a nationwide boycott of her show over his...hurt feelings about not being able to get into a good college.

His other leadership achievement is basically to have drawn a lot of celebrity money to his protests, which in turn drew a lot of people, before the issue dropped like a stone as other news stories drew attention.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A travesty, I had a subscription to Forbes who are pretty good... their internet website has a vast assortment of opinions, but hopefully, their magazine is more straight and conservative. Never really read Fortune too much.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This is just the lead up to the Little Hoggenstein Getting the TIME person of the Year award. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
 :facepalm2:

I don't listen to or follow the lead of ignorant narcissistic teenagers.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline thackney

Not a joke

Yes it is.  However not all the parties involved understand that.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline NavyCanDo

Times Man of the Year next, you just watch.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online andy58-in-nh

I simply cannot imagine why the wealthy liberal elitists who control the world's financial system would want to rid the peasantry of their pesky firearms...  :pondering:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra