Author Topic: The San Francisco Bay Area Is A "Time Bomb" - And It's Worse Than We Thought  (Read 551 times)

rangerrebew

The San Francisco Bay Area Is A "Time Bomb" - And It's Worse Than We Thought

By Kevin Loria
19 Apr 2018, 13:53

There's about a 76% chance that the San Francisco Bay Area could experience a 7.2 magnitude earthquake within the next 30 years, according to some recent reports.

Experts from the USGS think that the biggest earthquake threat is from the Hayward Fault, rather than the better-known San Andreas Fault.

That fault is like a "tectonic time bomb," according to scientists.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/the-san-francisco-bay-area-is-a-time-bomb-and-its-worse-than-we-thought/

Offline Joe Wooten

#4 son is a field engineer for Whiting-Turner building the new Google campus in Mountain View. He told us he experienced his first earthquake last week.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
And I just happen to be in the Bay Area this week on company business.  Couldn't they have waited until next week to publish this article, when I'm safely back in Texas...?   :thud:
Let it burn.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
And I just happen to be in the Bay Area this week on company business.  Couldn't they have waited until next week to publish this article, when I'm safely back in Texas...?   :thud:

It'll be okay!  Maybe
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."