Author Topic: UK headhunter Josh Harrison blasts unemployed under-25s on LinkedIn  (Read 605 times)

rangerrebew

UK headhunter Josh Harrison blasts unemployed under-25s on LinkedIn

ACCORDING to headhunter Josh Harrison, if you’re under 25 and out of work, it’s because you’re “not trying hard enough”.
Alexis Carey
news.com.auApril 19, 20183:16pm

HEADHUNTER Josh Harrison made headlines after he branded unemployed young people “lazy little s**ts” online — but he’s standing by his controversial comments.

Mr Harrison, a headhunter from UK firm Harrison Allwood, made the comments in response to a LinkedIn post penned by entrepreneur Jack Parsons earlier this month.

Mr Parsons, 24, had shared his own story of unemployment and rejection, and said the UK’s job market was “broken” for young people.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/careers/uk-headhunter-josh-harrison-blasts-unemployed-under25s-on-linkedin/news-story/267c97fe0739760d1ba674a9d07691f4

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: UK headhunter Josh Harrison blasts unemployed under-25s on LinkedIn
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:23:54 pm »
I’d like to put in a good word for these hardworking job recruiters — MY LAST TWO JOBS (WHICH INCLUDES MY PRESENT ONE ) CAME AS A RESULT OF THE HEADHUNTERS FINDING ME. This applies to a few of my colleagues too.

These folks provide a good service to both employer and job searchers and I would not put them down at all.

What the article posted does not explain is this --- why is this headhunter finding it hard to recruit the right people? If youth unemployment is high in Europe and education is free, surely there would be young folks lining up looking for a job....

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 04:14:41 pm »
I’d like to put in a good word for these hardworking job recruiters — MY LAST TWO JOBS (WHICH INCLUDES MY PRESENT ONE ) CAME AS A RESULT OF THE HEADHUNTERS FINDING ME. This applies to a few of my colleagues too.

These folks provide a good service to both employer and job searchers and I would not put them down at all.

What the article posted does not explain is this --- why is this headhunter finding it hard to recruit the right people? If youth unemployment is high in Europe and education is free, surely there would be young folks lining up looking for a job....

My guess is they are unemployed because the don't want to work.  But I could be wrong about this snowflake generation?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »
My guess is they are unemployed because the don't want to work.  But I could be wrong about this snowflake generation?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 04:23:41 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."