Author Topic: Trump Passes Up Chance To Say If He'll Fire Mueller  (Read 619 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump Passes Up Chance To Say If He'll Fire Mueller
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:25:37 am »
Associated Press • JILL COLVIN and JONATHAN LEMIRE

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — As his frustration with the investigation into his campaign and business expands into threatening new fronts, President Donald Trump refused to say Wednesday whether he plans to fire special counsel Robert Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

"As far as the two gentlemen you told me about, they've been saying I'm going to get rid of them for the last three months," Trump said during a joint press conference with the prime minister of Japan. "Four months. Five months. And they're still here. So we want to get the investigation over with, done with, put it behind us."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-passes-chance-hell-fire-mueller-231707607--politics.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:26:16 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump Passes Up Chance To Say If He'll Fire Mueller
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:35:19 am »
He'll make the announcement by Twitter anyway, not through any other established media.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:11 am »
Associated Press • JILL COLVIN and JONATHAN LEMIRE

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — As his frustration with the investigation into his campaign and business expands into threatening new fronts, President Donald Trump refused to say Wednesday whether he plans to fire special counsel Robert Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

"As far as the two gentlemen you told me about, they've been saying I'm going to get rid of them for the last three months," Trump said during a joint press conference with the prime minister of Japan. "Four months. Five months. And they're still here. So we want to get the investigation over with, done with, put it behind us."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-passes-chance-hell-fire-mueller-231707607--politics.html

IMHO if he wanted them gone he would have fired them a long time ago.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:58:11 am »
Trump  would be foolish to fire Mueller because it would make all but the most avid Trump supporters suspect he is guilty of something. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:05:55 pm by Applewood »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:51:49 am »
IMHO if he wanted them gone he would have fired them a long time ago.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 11:13:10 am »

Clicked on this thread title earlier...and just shook my head in disgust.

I'm with ya, @Right_in_Virginia .    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald