Author Topic: Barclays Summarizes 89-Page Tesla-Bashing Report To 5 Tweets For Dumb Americans And Tech Investors  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-18/barclays-summarizes-89-page-tesla-bashing-report-5-tweets-dumb-americans-and-tech

At exactly 3:38pm GMT on Tuesday, Barclays released an exhaustive, 89-page pdf research report titled "iNDUSTRIE 4.0 VS. Tesla’s ‘lights out’?", which if it wasn't clear by the title, explained "why Tesla is deeply overvalued and a structural short." A terrific report, and one which an increasingly insecure Elon Musk will be quick to deride and mock, it had just one problem: nobody read it, especially not Americans, and certainly not tech investors, at least according to Barclays.

In an amusing post-mortem note published shortly after the full report was distributed to Barclays clients, its author Kristina Church slammed not only TSLA CEO Elon Musk - as one would expect - but also the "tech investor" collective which has elevated Musk on a pedestal, and - for good measure - also took a shot at, well, Americans in general because why not. To wit:

"while European readers may if anything view this tome as skimpy, we recognize that many US investors, and dare we say especially those on the tech side, need a Twitter-length summary of it."

Hey @elonmusk: German OEMs & other dinos you have mocked will be rolling out exciting new BEVs -- 6 new models in ’18, & 13 in’ 19 (p. 27-28)
    Production hell, nein; Industrie 4.0, ja: German mfg is state of the art now & gets better w/ a harmonious blend of humans + robots, AI, IoT
    TSLA went a robot too far? Despite the quest for an “Alien Dreadnought” @elonmusk admitted that automation needs to be dialed back, is that good for gross margins?
    Showdown on scale: German OEMs will leverage scale economies either thru large native EV platforms (VW) or modular approaches (BMW)
    With solid & profitable EVs coming while TSLA struggles, legacy OEMs deserve rerating – BMW (European OW, Top Pick) and GM (OW in US Autos)

Offline Frank Cannon

Tesla's dead Jim.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Tesla's dead Jim.

RIP Saint Elon.  King of the Grifters.  Long live the king.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

RIP Saint Elon.  King of the Grifters.  Long live the king.

Wonder if I can jam a small block Chevy engine in a Tesla? If so I will pick one up at the bankruptcy liquidation the bank has at the end of the year.

Offline WingNot

Wonder if I can jam a small block Chevy engine in a Tesla? If so I will pick one up at the bankruptcy liquidation the bank has at the end of the year.
  I think there will be a market for those body shells.  Can you say "Kit Car"

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
  I think there will be a market for those body shells.  Can you say "Kit Car"

A friend I had in High School had a Bradley.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
    Hey @elonmusk: German OEMs & other dinos you have mocked will be rolling out exciting new BEVs -- 6 new models in ’18, & 13 in’ 19 (p. 27-28)
    Production hell, nein; Industrie 4.0, ja: German mfg is state of the art now & gets better w/ a harmonious blend of humans + robots, AI, IoT
    TSLA went a robot too far? Despite the quest for an “Alien Dreadnought” @elonmusk admitted that automation needs to be dialed back, is that good for gross margins?
    Showdown on scale: German OEMs will leverage scale economies either thru large native EV platforms (VW) or modular approaches (BMW)
    With solid & profitable EVs coming while TSLA struggles, legacy OEMs deserve rerating – BMW (European OW, Top Pick) and GM (OW in US Autos)

That right there is a piece of authentic frontier gibberish...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

I'm going to go with a big fat "No" on that one.

Online corbe

Rumous of my premature demise are unfounded.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

A friend I had in High School had a Bradley.

I had a Rebecca in High School. A real fast number she was.

Online DB

I'm going to go with a big fat "No" on that one.

I'm pretty sure Frank could get one in the backseat of a Tesla.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm pretty sure Frank could get one in the backseat of a Tesla.

Damn tootin'. You can put any engine in any car, whether it's a good idea or not is another matter....

Offline thackney

I've been surprised that a market didn't spring up around "Generator in small trailer" rentals for the electric car market and long trips.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Damn tootin'. You can put any engine in any car, whether it's a good idea or not is another matter....

Oh Hell yeah!!!
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline WingNot

I had a Rebecca in High School. A real fast number she was.

She was a real barracuda that one.
I took her to dinner.
I took her to dance.
I even bought her a bouquet of flounders, on porpoise.
And what did I get for my troubles?
A case of the clams.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She was a real barracuda that one.
I took her to dinner.
I took her to dance.
I even bought her a bouquet of flounders, on porpoise.
And what did I get for my troubles?
A case of the clams.
She drank like-- she drank a lot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

@Frank Cannon
Remember this?

https://www.ronsusser.com/inventory/listing/1966-two-engine-toronado-the-ultimate-sleeper-car-850hp/

When i was high school there was a great place called Johnny's Speed and Chrome and I don't know if it was this one but they had a two engine Toranado for sale in their parking lot.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
Remember this?

https://www.ronsusser.com/inventory/listing/1966-two-engine-toronado-the-ultimate-sleeper-car-850hp/

When i was high school there was a great place called Johnny's Speed and Chrome and I don't know if it was this one but they had a two engine Toranado for sale in their parking lot.

That thing is damn impressive. It's a steal for what they are asking for it. I would love to know how they used the horn buttons like paddle shifter with a TH400.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That thing is damn impressive. It's a steal for what they are asking for it. I would love to know how they used the horn buttons like paddle shifter with a TH400.
@Frank Cannon

They must have placed an actuator on either side of the column linked to servos on the tranny?

And that's NOT

Offline WingNot

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

I hope the first group of Space X , space travelers remembers this graphic....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

They must have placed an actuator on either side of the column linked to servos on the tranny?

And that's NOT

I'm familiar with 66's. I had a couple over the years. My problem is that they didn't make an electronic 400, so they must have done some real advanced stuff for the day to shift that with the horn buttons. Hell, everyone thought Lightning Rods were high tech in the late 70's into the 80's when Hurst sold them and they were all mechanical.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hope the first group of Space X , space travelers remembers this graphic....

The first batch of space travelers will not be reading much after their auto pilot crashes them into an asteroid and they die a fiery death.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
! No longer available

Not a fly by night brand, or parent company

VW Group, BMW, Jaguar, Volvo and others investing big time on electrics/hybrids
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln