Author Topic: Mike Pompeo: CIA chief made secret trip to North Korea  (Read 494 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Mike Pompeo: CIA chief made secret trip to North Korea
« on: April 18, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »
Mike Pompeo: CIA chief made secret trip to North Korea

CIA director Mike Pompeo travelled to Pyongyang for a secret meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, US President Donald Trump has confirmed.

A "good relationship" was formed at the meeting last week, Mr Trump tweeted on Wednesday.

News of the visit first emerged on Tuesday. US officials were quoted as saying the aim was to prepare a summit between Mr Trump and Mr Kim.

Mr Trump had earlier alluded to high-level direct talks with Pyongyang.

But the unexpected and clandestine meeting marks the highest level US contact with North Korea since 2000.

"We have had direct talks at... extremely high levels," Mr Trump said from Florida, where he is hosting Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

The president added that he gave his "blessing" for talks between the South and North to discuss a peace treaty to formally end the 1950-1953 Korean War.

more at:   http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43792658
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Mike Pompeo: CIA chief made secret trip to North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:10:43 pm »

Would love to have been a fly on the wall during those talks.

...especially while the smoke from the Syrian blasts hasn't settled yet.    :cool:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:21:20 pm »
I'm not sure that was the right signal to send.  They should have had to come to us.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:46:32 pm »
I'm not sure that was the right signal to send.  They should have had to come to us.

Yes, but we are dealing with a maniac who has weapons of destruction.  If we can talk him down, I'm for it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 08:30:07 pm »
I like it.  Sending a spook to do a diplomates job.  Cus, we all know how well the diplomatic core did in the past with the NorComs! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 08:40:35 pm »
Yes, but we are dealing with a maniac who has weapons of destruction.  If we can talk him down, I'm for it.

I see him explaining in blunt but professional terms, what is awaiting his regime.

The "spook" lays orbital satellite pics on the table showing 'Rocket Man' exactly where we'll target...with our "new and improved" missiles.

...mission accomplished.   (hopefully)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:47:49 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 09:00:05 pm »
Point of clarification on my earlier post.... When I said "Spook" I did mean the CIA...not Dennis Rodman.
You can stop with the PM's now K?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 09:47:05 pm »
Point of clarification on my earlier post.... When I said "Spook" I did mean the CIA...not Dennis Rodman.
You can stop with the PM's now K?

:silly: