Author Topic: Senate blocks bill that opponents say weakens water pollution rules  (Read 384 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Senate blocked legislation on Wednesday that environmentalists and opponents argue would weaken water pollution standards.

Senators voted 56-42, depriving the legislation of the 60 votes it needed to move forward.

Democratic Sens. Bob Casey (Pa.), Joe Donnelly (Ind.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Doug Jones (Ala.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.) and Bill Nelson (Fla.) voted with Republicans to advance the bill. Everyone, besides Jones, is up for reelection in a state won by Trump in 2016.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/383781-senate-blocks-bill-that-opponents-say-weakens-water-pollution-rules?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Senate blocks bill that opponents say weakens water pollution rules
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:38:16 pm »
This vote tells Republican voters that the GOP can't pass anything, and it tells democrat voters that the rats are hard at work protecting their water against Republican poison.  I'm the Once-Ler.  I'm indifferent to the plight of the Swomee-Swans and the Humming-Fish and IMO this bill would have been an improvement over current law.  My thneeds ain't getting to market by themselves.  I suspect the GOPe did not push this legislation as hard as they could have.